FNG in Sandpoint, Idaho (Panhandle)

jmccartie

FNG
Was asking around about how to find a hunting partner and got introduced to Rokslide. Really excited to dive in!

I'm mid-30's and just moved to North Idaho last summer. I grew up with a hunting grandfather, but he was more into deep sea fishing by the time I got old enough to hang out with him. I picked up fly fishing when we moved to Idaho and then got hooked on all things hunting last fall. Trophy hunting was all I'd been exposed to, so it was neat to see how much hunting is a way of life around here. My first experience was visiting a friend's home where they were butchering his daughter's first deer. It was awesome to see the whole family involved.

I was still a non-resident last fall, so skipped out on the expensive license and tags. But I learned and studied and asked lots of questions. I've backpacked a good deal (mostly for rock climbing) but am excited to explore the 300,000 acres of NFS land out my back door (part of the reason we moved to where we did). I got my feet wet with turkey hunting -- bagging my first ever kill (of anything in my whole life) on Easter Sunday. Details here: Instagram

Anyways, glad to be here and looking forward to learning a lot!

Last edited:

EsteemGrinders

Lil-Rokslider
Well, I must say I am very Jealous of where you live. I so wish I could get my wife to move out that way.
I started Archery Elk hunting 2 years ago by jumping in with both feet. It now my passion. LOL
I too have struggled to find a partner in hunting as well being I was not brought up around it. That and it just so hard to find someone you mesh with well and has the same drive.
I have been trying to get a buddy that guide in North Idaho years ago to make a trip over there with me this season but no luck so far.
I am still thinking to head over anyways on my own. I have been hunting the coast for the last two years here in Oregon. I feel I have come along ways in that time but I have an itch to get out of the rain forest of the North Coast. LOL

Jtay561

FNG
Send me a pm if you ever need someone to go with. Im south of sandpoint and will ne hitting bear hard here in the next couple weeks uo near priest and possibly bonners. Also big on whitetail, ducks, and fish.

Welcome!! You're in good bear country over there as well. Before the family life got so busy I used to travel Idaho a lot for the wildlife. Now days I struggle to find enough time here at home! Good luck on the hunting partner search!!