FNG in SE Virginia

Archer82

FNG
Well long time lurker, finally getting around to introducing myself. I live in Hampton, VA and just got back into hunting a couple years ago. Have only hunted on Ft Eustis and am looking to start hitting the public land WMAs and NF instead. Got my backpacking gear this year and plan to start hitting up the NF for longer backpack hunts, looking for others that want to show a pretty I'll informed Virginia hunter some tips and tricks. This next spring I plan to go out for Turkey for my first time ever and don't have any friends that Turkey hunt so would definitely be interested in meeting others for any kind of hunting.

Truaxdw

Lil-Rokslider
I live in falls church (northern va) and hunt the George Washington national forest. Shoot me a pm and let’s see what your interested in.

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new member.

Eddie

P.S. You are close to my old stomping grounds of VB. Left the area in the late '80's, but still consider it home since I grew up there. Used to hunt dove and duck in VB back in the day. :eek:

OP
A

Archer82

FNG
I live in falls church (northern va) and hunt the George Washington national forest. Shoot me a pm and let’s see what your interested in.
Once I can PM I'll do just that. I really want to start hunting everything I can here in VA. Only time I won't be in the woods here this year is most of October, as I'll be out in WA on a Mule Deer hunt with my family.

Welcome. I live in Chesapeake and have been hunting Eustis since 2015. I personally like hunting the state forests that are within striking distance like Dragon Run and Chilton Woods. Several others not too far of a drive.

OP
A

Archer82

FNG
Welcome. I live in Chesapeake and have been hunting Eustis since 2015. I personally like hunting the state forests that are within striking distance like Dragon Run and Chilton Woods. Several others not too far of a drive.
Yeah I don't know a lot about the forest in the area so I will be looking into those as well, thanks.

SaltyBowman

Lil-Rokslider
Welcome to the forum, the info here will shorten your learning curve for sure,