FNG in Wisconsin

saile14

FNG
Buying land in NW Wisconsin. Making the transition from a decade of upland birds and ag land stand sits in SE Wisconsin to baiting bears and ground/blind hunts in a tamarack swamp. Learned as a kid but haven't used these skills in years, so lurking has provided a great refresher course on tons of stuff.

As I adjust to my new surroundings, I am quickly finding some of my gear needs upgrading and/or replacing. So that has given me the push to make an account in the hopes of find some great deals.

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new member.

Eddie

I'm new here and also from WI. I am closer to the Green Bay area. However, I've traveled and hunted all across the state. Let me know if I can be of any help.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
Yup, spent lot of time in Sawyer country chasing grouse and on occasion a white tail. We always stay at Wolfes Eagle lodge in Loretta. I always try to take a little time for some Crappie and Musky fishing, never caught a legal one.

Yup, spent lot of time in Sawyer country chasing grouse and on occasion a white tail. We always stay at Wolfes Eagle lodge in Loretta. I always try to take a little time for some Crappie and Musky fishing, never caught a legal one.
Oh, the elusive Musky! I’ve yet to catch one. It’s my favorite fish to hunt for.

Fraulein

FNG
Welcome from another new guy who also happens to be from WI. Hunted a lot of tamarack swamps in central WI for turkey and deer with a bow. Never thought I'd say I miss Wisconsin while living there, but I really do.