FNG Living in Utah

North Woods

FNG
Classified Approved
Hey All,

I've been a long time member over on LRH dot com and have been reading more and more on Rokslide lately, so I figured I should create a profile over here. USAF Marksman on LRH. I'm active duty AF and stationed out in Utah; currently at Hill AFB. I'm from Maine originally so I'm still getting used to the BIG mountains and the rat race that is the Salt Lake valley. Not a fan of the population in this area, but the family and I love to get out into the mountains as much as we can and the desert occasionally. I've been trying to get into backpack hunting and camping and the more I do it, the more I like it. This is probably my last full year at Hill, so I'm going to try and get as much in as I can. I've got a spring bear trip to Idaho planned for 2021 and will hopefully be able to score an OTC elk tag here in Utah again. I've spent the last three years trying to FIND the damn elk on the North slope, and I think I've finally done it. Hoping to connect with one this year before I need to move on to the next adventure.

I've been hunting, shooting, fishing, and just enjoying the outdoors since I was a kid. I grew up in a pretty small town in Maine and spent damn near all of my time in the woods, on the water, or on the farm. I hope to get back to all of that some day when my tenure with the AF is over.

I'm looking forward to interacting on the site and hopefully learning some new things and meeting some good people.

Tucker

OP
North Woods

North Woods

FNG
Classified Approved
Thanks everyone. Lots of good stuff so far. I think I made a good choice here.