FNG MD->TX

OneGunTex

FNG
Hey y'all, grew up hunting on the family ranch in central Texas, now on the east coast but dreaming of mountain hunting. Moving back to Texas permanently this fall.

My buddy (good ol' boy from Missouri currently stuck in NYC) and I are going to change that next year with an Idaho spring bear hunt. I've read and re-read that thread a dozen times and now we're really getting into the planning. Lots of cool gear to buy, going to be checking out the classifieds.

Predisposed to the 12ga as with my one gun I can kill anything that runs crawls or flies on this planet (hopefully incl MD black bear this fall) but will be trading up to centerfire for out West.

Thanks for all the great info here.

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new member.

Eddie

jason HTX

FNG
Hey bud, where you at in Texas? I’m in Austin, done a few out of state hunts. If there’s gear you want to try before you buy gimme a shout, I might have something you’re considering.

OP
OneGunTex

OneGunTex

FNG
Hey bud, where you at in Texas? I’m in Austin, done a few out of state hunts. If there’s gear you want to try before you buy gimme a shout, I might have something you’re considering.
Thanks Jason. Probably moving to the San Antonio area, so not terribly far. Would love to grab a beer and talk about Western hunting if nothing else

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk