FNG Need Help With Rangefinder & Apps

I started hunting more seriously a couple years ago here in WA state and I'm feeling the need to extend my comfort range quite a bit behind the rifle. I'm having a particularly hard time researching rangefinders and ballistics apps that fit my needs. I'd like to be able to shoot 750 on the range and be comfortable taking an animal at 500. Hope that's long range enough for this forum!

Not exactly sure what features I need out of a rangefinder but I'd like to keep it under $500. Do these things pair directly to apps nowadays or is it manual input? Is all the tech really necessary if I'm not reaching out to 1000?

Scope wise I'm looking at something in the $750 range like a Vortex Viper series and I've heard 15x is a good top end. Though I'm considering a higher magnification up to 25x because I don't have a spotter. Not for active glassing, just for final confirmation of legality or size. Need less help on this end of things but figured I would mention it. I'm shooting a Savage Axis 30-06 currently. Will probably upgrade that in a few years but it's what I got for now!

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Inside 750, you can get a Sig 2200 bdx but it won't link to anything but their app. The 2400 bdx will link to stuff like Kestrel. The BDX gives you solutions to 800 with Applied Ballistics lite.

Cut the number in half for real life ranging, so a 2200 will get to 1000 consistently.

I would look at the Bushnell Forge scope as well as Viper, as long as you look at gen II models only. Athlon Ares is also a scope I would consider.

Don't go above 18 or 20 for shooting. I shoot my 18 power scope to 1000 and when I shoot matches, inside 600 power doesn't go over 12ish.

When it comes to powers over 20, that level of scope will probably have reduced clarity so the extra magnification isn't always usable. I tested two Athlon Ares, and the lower power range scope was much clearer glass and the higher range of the higher power scope was bad enough thar it really didn't give me any advantage over the lower power.

LaHunter

WKR
I've been running the Leica 1600 for several years. These units are accurate, consistently range out to the advertised yardage (1600), and the glass is very good. It doesn't pair with any apps, but I don't really want that. It provides the range, angle, and temp. They have newer models with more features, if that is what you prefer.

I prefer to have a laminated dope chart with me when hunting vs fumbling with my phone to look at my ballistic app.

Good luck

THunt

FNG
For scopes, look at RedHawkRifles.com and their deals on "demo" scopes. I ordered a Zeiss V4 4-16x44 from them for $756 shipped. The first time I took it out I shot it next to the Viper PST and it wasn't even close.

Antares

WKR
I wouldn’t worry about pairing. I use a Leupold 1600 and the Hornady 4DOF solver.