FNG - NoDak,Montana, and WV

Hello All!
I hail from all over but currently reside in NoDak. I bow and rifle hunt Whitetail here and WV, then Elk and Mule deer in Montana to which I am native. I have been known to drop a fishing line in anywhere that holds fish but mostly target Walleye because they’re delicious. I just found this forum/site a couple of weeks ago and have been listening to the Rokcast and reading the articles since. I feel as though you all have quite the community here and look forward to being a member.

nodakian

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
The kids and I have been heading over for MD does. Now that they're big enough, we're considering expanding to more challenging stuff.

Just in my observations, there's a lot of migration between MN, ND, and MT. Mostly east to west I think, such as some of my relatives. The west to east crowd seems to stop in ND--close enough to head west once in awhile, far enough to still get away from the CA escapees.

OP
YelojktBob
CA escapees… lol. My baby brother lives in Belgrade just outside of what he and his friends refer to as Boze-Angeles. I have some MN native friends that hunt northern MN and they have invited me to come with them. It’s very tempting, what with the cheap tags and abundant opportunities… just need more time… and freezer space. Are you hunting mainly mule deer around Dickinson or is it still a mix with more prevalent whitetail like the eastern side of the state?

OP
YelojktBob
Roane County, more specifically about 10 miles out of Walton. Directly in the middle of the “sticks”. Anytime I have ever taken anyone back there, they think I am going to do something nefarious with them because the road turns into what basically amounts to a bike path.

nodakian

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
CA escapees… lol. My baby brother lives in Belgrade just outside of what he and his friends refer to as Boze-Angeles. I have some MN native friends that hunt northern MN and they have invited me to come with them. It’s very tempting, what with the cheap tags and abundant opportunities… just need more time… and freezer space. Are you hunting mainly mule deer around Dickinson or is it still a mix with more prevalent whitetail like the eastern side of the state?
I left Belgrade and Bozeangeles to come here. Now when we pass through we just stop for food--Pickle Barrel, Bar 3, La Parilla.

We hunt whatever we can draw. Prefer MD, but mostly WT does. Youngest kid drew his golden ticket this year and wants a WT buck.