FNG - Oregon

OllieOtis

FNG
Middle aged rookie here, just now staring to use this site and liking a lot of the content. Wanted to try hunting my whole life but never ran in any circles with anyone who did, and not much back country anything since my youth. Became my answer to a mid life crisis... finally said f it, bought a bow and started going for it. Everyone I knew at the time just gave me disapproving looks, and many family members and friends still don’t get it.

Been an interesting journey so far and still so much to learn. Already picking up some great tips here - just wish I had started using this site earlier on!

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new member.

Eddie

OP
O

OllieOtis

FNG
Welcome!! I'm just south of Eugene. Are you west side or east side?

Thanks! I’m just south of Portland, but thus far have only been hunting east of the cascades. Would love to venture south and west in the future, but haven’t yet found my way there. Thinking maybe next year, but who knows. So much to explore, so much to learn!