FNG to Rokslide

Hey Rokslide Members!
I'm from NW WA, no not the ones you see on the news. In my mid 30's and been hunting since about 13 years old. Had my first daughter Feb 28th which probably helped me get through the Covid stay home order. Done most of my hunting in Eastern WA but have done out of state hunts for deer and elk in Idaho, Montana and a random trip to Texas for hogs. Have made two trips to S Dakota for wild public pheasants. Gotten really big into the backcountry hunting out of a spike camp as it puts you into the wilderness away from the roads which eliminates a lot of hunting pressure. Headed to Idaho in Sept for Archery Elk OTC and back in Oct for General Deer and to help my brother with his Controlled Rifle Elk Tag. Have hunted up around LOLO and the Sawtooth but giving a new area further South a try this year. Looking forward to putting the boots to the ground this Fall and taking in some new country. I'm sure when the late Nov arrives I'll be hitting NE WA for some whitetail action with the bow. Look forward to meeting some fellow hunters on here and best of luck this Fall!

HoneyDew

WKR
As a recent transplant to WA 2ish years ago I can say I really like what the state has to offer compared to what I’m used to back East. I didn’t think the politics could get more shocking than my native NJ but WA is giving it a run for its money. Been trying my hand at the rifle season out on the peninsula but no success so far. Hopefully that changes this year.

OP
BugleMeTimber
As a recent transplant to WA 2ish years ago I can say I really like what the state has to offer compared to what I’m used to back East. I didn’t think the politics could get more shocking than my native NJ but WA is giving it a run for its money. Been trying my hand at the rifle season out on the peninsula but no success so far. Hopefully that changes this year.
Blacktail can definitely be a challenge given the thick/wet terrain they hide in. Greatest thing I like about WA is that you can jump the Cascades and hunt Mule Deer or go further East and hunt Whitetail. Not many states have the option to hunt three species of deer which makes us unique. Hopefully you find one this fall and don't hesitate to go East and try some more open country as there are some great views to be had. Good Luck!