FOBs

FOBs -- "fletching only better"

Had a little discussion with one of our summer help kids about FOBs VS Fletching tonight after work...here is what we came up with.

OP
Evan Williams
His FOB Flatline VS my ACC

2012-06-14_21-25-10_665.jpg

2012-06-14_21-25-18_524.jpg

2012-06-14_21-25-49_906.jpg

While that wasn't exactly the point I was going for with FOBs the result was still a broken FOB :)

Has anyone else used them and feel the same way I do???? FOBs are a joke IMO.

OR Archer

WKR
Im right there with you. Ive had customers bring in arrows with those on and they couldnt figure out why their broadheads wouldnt group. Took the FOBs off and 3 fletched them with Blazers and a good heilical and presto. FT and Broadheads grouping out to 40yrds.

for group shooting or 3d shoots they are not my choice, but I have killed a couple animals with those on the end of my arrow and I've got to say, they do as advertised. Flew good for me but it is one more peice to find and pickup after the shot. All in all agood product that does as it's designed, just better for certain aplications over others.

weaver

WKR
This will be my first year hunting with them but so far they are working real well.

lastcall

Lil-Rokslider
Looks like his arrow hit where it was intended to hit, right on the X. Im thinking of picking some up as well.

Why do you think they are a joke?

Fob

I shot them like a year ago. The flew good with my G5 Strikers. And helped with the wind. But really. They would come off when the hit the target. They would come off when you sailed threw a target. And you cant shoot at you arrows. Do you know how hard it is to find a arrow with no vanes or a FOB on it. They got caught on Brush Alot.

OP
Evan Williams
lastcall,

He didn't shot that arrow in there. He put it in the center with his hands and said, "wreck it!"

Other issues:

I was using my Element RKT 28" draw. At full draw with the smaller of the 2 diameter choices of FOBs my string was touching because of string angle. The other issue is that I couldn't get into my anchor because the FOB sits so far back on the shaft the FOB hit me and kept the string way out away from my face so much that I couldn't see out of my peep.

The guy who gave him some to test WAS using them to shoot 3Ds...