Follow Rokslide at the Western Hunting Expo, Salt Lake

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Dan "Shellschock!" (inside joke, people!) and good to meet you too.

Keep the mega bucks coming.

I'm not as swamped today so hope to get to show you all some of these antler displays. Unbelievable to see the bucks the Western US is still capable of kicking out. And they're not all from draw units either...

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Here's Butch from Kryptek with a full explanation of the waterproof silent fleece line I mentioned yesterday. The pieces are The Vellus Jacket, Vellus Vest, Vellus Pant, and Anorak Jacket (which is a 3/4 zip, easy on/off and max temp control)

Stop by the booth and see this stuff. I have a feeling it will be very popular- I know I'm going to try it.

[video=vimeo;155187777]https://vimeo.com/155187777[/video]

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
One of my good friends, Ryan Pimentel of Idaho Falls, showed up on a Wyoming deer hunt a few years back with an odd contraption- a Carbon Bow made by Hoyt. It was much lighter than any bow I'd ever held and perfect for the backcountry hunter looking to save weight. "One day" I said, "One day"...

With that in mind I stopped by the booth at Hoyt today to meet Matt Davis. He did our ever popular podcast with Steve Speck of S&S Archery last spring and gave away a Hoyt Carbon to one of our members. Matt's here with a quick rundown on the 2016 Carbon bows

[video=vimeo;155233533]https://vimeo.com/155233533[/video]

T

Tanibunn

Hey guys, I know some people are not enjoying having to sign up for Twitter or Periscope to view our show videos but, Periscope streams in real time so you can jump on to the videos and ask questions during the video session. This allows you 'virtual face-time' with these companies and their products! Questions? We will also be posting videos on the forums later~

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
attachment.php

A hunter by the name of Sean Morgan killed this buck after a two-year pursuit. When I first saw it, I had to do a double take to make sure it wasn't the Jalepeno buck. After finding no crown point, I knew it wasn't him but they are very similar bucks. Good job Sean Morgan

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
attachment.php

Big Sonora buck.

I've only see a few typicals in my life this good. They are far and few in between in most places a guy can count on a tag.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
a Utah muzz buck, Luke Christensen killed.

Try and imagine leveling your front post on that buck- KaBOOOOOM

attachment.php

Longstride12

Lil-Rokslider
Robby I stopped by today but couldn't find you so say hi. Aron and the gang looked a little tired. Awesome show, it we my first experience and I'm definitely going to make it a full day event next year! Hopefully we'll have better air outside too next year. Have fun and keep the posts coming!

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
You all asked and Tannibun delivered the vids. For next year be sure and have a periscope account as it's very cool to see this stuff in real time AND be able to ask questions in real time while we're actually at the booth.

Longstride, sorry I missed you. Thanks for trying. When Eva and Haynes show up the booth gets REAL busy and I step out. They are truly nice people and good faces for the hunt industry. Eva's line was bigger than Cams so I guess beauty trumps fitness hahaa. Aron and the crew work really hard long days at these shows.

It was good to meet so many of the core Rokslide members and a special thanks to those who bought the book. See you all next year

mt100gr.

WKR
Thank you all for all the info! And especially to Tanibunn for making those videos available to those of use digging in against social media....I just couldn't get em to work on my flip phone:)

I appreciate and envy you guys on the cutting edge of all this.

T

Tanibunn

Thank you all for all the info! And especially to Tanibunn for making those videos available to those of use digging in against social media....I just couldn't get em to work on my flip phone:)

I appreciate and envy you guys on the cutting edge of all this.

No problem! Glad you got to watch them:)