Food in Grizz Country

S.Clancy

WKR
We tried every imaginable thing you can come up with to keep bears away from camp.. the only thing that actually worked is an electric fence. This bear literally studied our fence for days that surrounded the meat cabin, and eventually figured out if he ripped into once he could get through even with getting shocked. Like ive said, if they want to get in, they will. Clean camps are your best defense
0adc0addc969bc6db54163be7d2cf280.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
What happened to that bear's neck? What a damn hog.

mntnguide

WKR
What happened to that bear's neck? What a damn hog.
Just a big ol wilderness grizzly. One of the bigger ones ive seen through the years for sure. I have video of him walking under the hitching rail that's in the background of that picture and his hump almost touches it... and it was a 5' tall hitching rail

S.Clancy

WKR
Just a big ol wilderness grizzly. One of the bigger ones ive seen through the years for sure. I have video of him walking under the hitching rail that's in the background of that picture and his hump almost touches it... and it was a 5' tall hitching rail

Man, what a giant. Pretty cool you have those pics and video.

Comerade

FNG
I live in Grizzly country also . The Elk calve on our land and hence bears are here now. They also tear down chicken houses and if they want in they can peel back the metal on a stock trailer( my neighbor has pics)
They have as good a nose as any hound and when hunting we keep camp ultra clean and bury garbage away from camp.
I am told that bear spray is the most effective deterrent, by the guys that look after trouble bears. My bear spray is propelled by smokeless powder though and it it doubles as a noisemaker.
One warning- if you cow talk elk these bears will come in on it. Sometimes sneaking in and sometimes like a freight rain.
Also, if you suspect a carcass in an area and see birds and tracks, give that spot a wide berth. Just be observant, imo