Food plot tractors

onmyway

FNG
I have a 2013 Kubota L3200 I bought used in 2020ish with 200 hours for $15K-ish. I probably overpaid, but I wanted it and it was clean. In my area (Northern IN) all the new tractor lots look like they have surplus inventory. Take that with a grain as I'm looking from the road. Cant say enough good about the a hydrostatic trans, 4x4 and the overall Kubota quality.

D

Deleted member 8-15-23

Jd, 4wd, 55 hp, with all the attachments.

Attachments

• 20221102_203224.jpg
    20221102_203224.jpg
    367.4 KB · Views: 14
I love mine. The only thing I wish it had was the shuttle which came out on the 40 series

That looks like a big disk for that tractor and with turf tires. Does it pull it alright? My L3560 is about the same same size but has loaded ag tires and 3 less HP and the dealership convinced me to get a 5' disk with it. I don't use it much but would be nice to have a little more width when I do.

The trend is bigger and more expensive. I bought a Massy Ferguson used in the early 2000s. I looked at a 50hp 4x4 but got a 95 hp 4x4 because that was what wss affordable.

I used an old ford 35 hp for years but found it struggled with cultivation. A 5 ft disc tended to bruise the sod I plowed and took many trips. I eventually got an old 10ft tandom disc that was more effective. A big issue is not the hp but the match to the implements you have. My big tractor pulls my haying equipment fine but the bigger tires tend to hide my view of my pull behind swather and the bale pickup on my bale wagon.

It's tough to find a match to availability, affordability and utility. I started with a small tractor and have struggled to grow with a limited budget. I find the used market is very limited in the size I need and prices tend to force me to find a second job.