Food!! What are you taking on your trips.

Broken Arrow

Lil-Rokslider
I have to eat a lot just to stay the same weight during normal conditions. So for breakfast a mt house + 2 packet instant oatmeal and some trail mix. No lunch just snack on trail mix jerky and snickers marathons power bars or protein bars. Dinner mt house double portion trail mix maybe second mt house or pan biscuits. Think next time I'll add powdered milk and protein powder to help with calories. Might even try some weight gainer. Two 2 liter bladders cause one just doesn't cut it I drink around a gallon of water a day normally. Hiking I had to refill 4 times a day with one just so I wasn't thirsty. Lots of instant coffee (folgers) its cheap and not bad. 5 hours and gummy worms (I'm addicted to them lol). Oh tortillas and packets of ketchup for mt house eggs.

Bighorse

WKR
No way ever would you catch me eating like that in the morning in hunting conditions. First thing in the morning is for hunting. Quick deployment from camp and getting into posistion is paramount. Now maybe after the kill, I'd sit around and chew the cud. Even mid day after the critters are laid down I'd really dig into the chow.

rye_a

Lil-Rokslider
My stove can boil enough water for coffee and oatmeal in three minutes, so it is worth getting up 10 minutes early to be fueled for the day.

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
My stove can boil enough water for coffee and oatmeal in three minutes, so it is worth getting up 10 minutes early to be fueled for the day.

I agree! And there is just something about hot breakfast to help me get moving in the morning...I can get equal calories from something cold, but it just doesn't do the same to help me want to crawl out of the sleeping bag... But we keep it pretty simple, oatmeal with fruit/nuts and VIAs usually.

slim9300

WKR
I agree! And there is just something about hot breakfast to help me get moving in the morning...I can get equal calories from something cold, but it just doesn't do the same to help me want to crawl out of the sleeping bag... But we keep it pretty simple, oatmeal with fruit/nuts and VIAs usually.

Yep. Hot Oatmeal is a good motivator for me too.