FoodSaver GameSaver Deluxe

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Becca,
great review. You've got me motivated now.
We actually received one as a gift (gulp) two years ago and haven't even opened it. It's not the game saver model but same brand and can do the small quantities.

I just haven't opened it as I really wasn't sure if I'd use it- I've been cutting/wrapping our venison for years- but after reading your article, I'm going to give it a try.

That is if I get a deer this year...if not, I'll just preserve Krispy Kreme's I'm sure.

Last edited:

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
Becca,
great review. You've got me motivated now.
We actually received one as a gift (gulp) two years ago and haven't even opened it. It's not the game saver model but same brand and can do the small quantities.

I just haven't opened it as I really wasn't sure if I'd use it- I've been cutting/wrapping our venison for years- but after reading your article, I'm going to give it a try.

That is iif I get a deer this year...if not, I'll just preserve Krispy Kreme's I'm sure.

Thanks, Robby...let me know how you like it. We still tend to double wrap steaks and ground meat with freezer paper, but for fish, soups and other meals I love our food saver!

Once you get the Krispy Kreme sealing dialed in, you know where to send them :)

In all seriousness, I have done baked goods like muffins and bread by freezing them overnight before vacuum sealing...it keeps them from getting squished!

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
gotcha, I didn't even think about squishing them. They are much too precious to just squish.