Foot care

Putting more miles on my feet training before upcoming elk season im dealing with my pinky toes blistering after 6miles or so hiking will they get tougher ??? How long after should i wait until hiking again?? I did a 6 mile hike yesterday and id like to do a couple miles tomarrow but with tender spots is it foolish of me to keep pushing or should i just keep going dont want my feet to be in rough shape opening day but also dont want.them to be wrecked after a coupledays of hunting

Scrappy

WKR
Throw some leukotape on and just change the tape about once a week. It will stay on that long. As your feet toughen up you will find you dont need it anymore. As well as experiment with different lacing techniques to find that sweet spot. Hopefully your boots fit correctly.

OP
Bighunt531
Throw some leukotape on and just change the tape about once a week. It will stay on that long. As your feet toughen up you will find you dont need it anymore. As well as experiment with different lacing techniques to find that sweet spot. Hopefully your boots fit correctly.
My boots fit good, no slippage they fit right, the blisters formed on the insides of my pinky toes while doing a 5 mile walk wearing my brooks transcend shoes

Tbone58

Lil-Rokslider
The moleskin and Leukotape are your best bets. I had some hot spots on the back of my heels in new boots last year and the leukotape did it for me. Once my boots were broken in they quit doing it.

Scrappy

WKR
My boots fit good, no slippage they fit right, the blisters formed on the insides of my pinky toes while doing a 5 mile walk wearing my brooks transcend shoes
The trick to taping up is to do it before you get a blister. If you feel a hot spot stop and at least adjust your sock and re-lace your shoes to try and avoid getting a blister.

If you're 100% youve got the right boot then try switching up your socks, make sure they're wicking moisture like they should.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk