Foot fitment with new boots

I am looking to get a new set of boots for an October Elk hunt, so I'm running out of time to get them and wear them in.

I tried out some Crispis and Kennetrek boots today. Crispi west River II, which were very comfy with good support, but only claim "water Resistant" which doesn't excite me at all. The Kennetreks i think were the extreme mountain 400s. They didn't have my size but had 11.5 which I'm usually a 12 or 12.5. They were fairly snug.

I looked at these at the local scheels and the guy helping me was literally reading specs off his phone, so worthless.

I did bring a set of my Kuiu ultra merino socks with to test fit and I grabbed a few more mid and lights while I was there to test with each boot.

My question is what type of fit would be best for this mountain type hunting. The Crispi boots felt perfect and had comfortable room yet were fairly conforming fit. I am worried though that if I found a good pair of boots like this and they loosen up a little, it might cause rubbing issues.

Am I better off going a tad bit on the snug side overall and wearing them in, or getting a good comfy snug fit to begin with? I've burned myself in the past getting boots that were snug and never stretched enough and were never comfortable. Ended up getting blisters on a MT antelope hunt.

Cplace

FNG
Ive had boot troubles, still in the process. From experience: Do NOT get poor fitting boots, and too tight is the worst. Read/google up on boot fitting. Unlaced, You should have a finger or two of room at the back of the boot when you jam your toes to the front. Also, heel slip will not go away with wearing them in. If they are slipping, they are not laced right or they don’t fit your heel. Try another brand. Be picky, they all seem to feel ok in the store. My kenetreks fit lengthwise great, but the heel cup sucks for my foot.
My advise: No on the kenetrek, doesn’t fit. Crispis sound good if you think they fit you, after reading a guide to boot fit.
Don’t worry about the water resistant thing. They all are only water resistant. Only rubber boots are waterproof. crispi is are goretex, kenetrek is windtex, same thing different name, water resistant.
Also, don’t worry about time. Plenty of time to wear in boots before October. You could get them in September and be fine.