Foot help needed!!!

Cbled

Lil-Rokslider
Hey everyone,
Just hoping to get some advice from experienced guys in here. I have a pair of AKU Utah top gtx boots, fit has been great with lots of uphill and downhill training up to around 60 lbs all off season. Packed out a Buck solo 2 days ago, off trail very steep shale/bushwhacking. 90 degree temps. My feet started to blister on the tops of my toes and a bit on The top where l lace the ankle of one side. I couldn’t keep the sweat from soaking socks at all, leukotape didn’t stick amazingly well either. Do I take the spacer insole out to give more room? Do I bring way more socks and change every couple hours? Pre tape the crap outta my feet and harden up? I’m headed back up in 4 days regardless of how my feet feel, just hoping to minimize suffering.

Attachments

• 519D0BA3-EF7D-4BA3-840F-BDAEAA2F64DC.jpeg
    519D0BA3-EF7D-4BA3-840F-BDAEAA2F64DC.jpeg
    474.2 KB · Views: 36
  • 111AC66C-91D5-4386-9D25-0CB4DF750E2E.jpeg
    111AC66C-91D5-4386-9D25-0CB4DF750E2E.jpeg
    362.5 KB · Views: 40
  • ED21A670-085E-44B8-B3C0-320AF334B16F.jpeg
    ED21A670-085E-44B8-B3C0-320AF334B16F.jpeg
    335.9 KB · Views: 40

EastMT

WKR
I have sweaty feet no matter the temp, have similar problems, damp skin is bad news. The only way I figured out is injinji toe liners with darn toughs over, pre taping all hot spots before starting.

2 pairs of each, one to dry, one to wear.

280Ackley

WKR
I have to spray anti-perspirant deodorant on my feet. Combine that with merino wool socks and my feet stay relatively dry.

OP
C

Cbled

Lil-Rokslider
have you tried silk sock liners?

also what socks are you using
I haven’t tried the silk liners. I had some thinish merino over the calf socks, I’m going to try some injiji boot socks I forgot I had, also ditching the second insole, I think it’s made to use in winter....I know super dumb. Forgot to mention I broke one trekking pole with around 1000m left to go down, I’m sure the hobbling didn’t help. Maybe spray some antiperspirant on also.
Any tips for the blisters I already have? I figure dropping to one insole will give the tops of toes more room to wiggle, if that starts my foot sliding I’ll tape and deal with it, then back to square one on the boot search.

Bärenjäger

Lil-Rokslider
I haven’t tried the silk liners. I had some thinish merino over the calf socks, I’m going to try some injiji boot socks I forgot I had, also ditching the second insole, I think it’s made to use in winter....I know super dumb. Forgot to mention I broke one trekking pole with around 1000m left to go down, I’m sure the hobbling didn’t help. Maybe spray some antiperspirant on also.
Any tips for the blisters I already have? I figure dropping to one insole will give the tops of toes more room to wiggle, if that starts my foot sliding I’ll tape and deal with it, then back to square one on the boot search.
Second the sock liners and Darn Tough socks x2 pairs each. I use same strategy. I haven't had a foot blister in nearly 20 years. But moleskin and tape under the new liners and socks should be money!

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Unclemoe

FNG
Darn toughs are a game changer i have a few 8 year old pairs with thousands of miles on them and they feel new and no blisters

corycody

FNG
Smartwool PHD Hunt socks are money. I usually try to take my boots and socks off once each day to get my feet good and dried out.

Blistering on tops of toes could...could be a bit tight in toe box. Taking that extra insole pit should help.

All American Boy

Lil-Rokslider
That sounds like a tight toe box. Maybe try loosening the laces around the toes, then double loop lace it around the ankle, then tighten the upper laces. Gives you two tightening zones. If this doesn't work, look at boots with larger toe box

corycody

FNG
Sorry for the spelling in previous post. Taking the extra liner out should help with more room in the toe box. See if loosening the laces down by the toes helps. Sounds like a tight toe box. Dry your feet out when the weather permits as well.