Foot pain

gobears870

Lil-Rokslider
So I’m cruising along great through my training plan for the past few months and BLAM, major pain hits my right foot over the past couple days. Look up the symptoms and it sounds like metatarsalgia. It’s consistent with running and jumping exercises, and I’ve been running and doing a fair amount of jump squats/lunges and burpees. Anyone have some experience with this and remedies?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im currently trying to figure out the same issue before my mountain goat hunt. The balls of my feet kill me. The only real way to fix it from what I have been told is getting custom orthotics, so Im currently going down that route to see if they work.

Rest until it subsides
Train barefoot or in thin soled shoes when possible, i.e. Chuck Taylor's
The best thing is to not partake in the activities that caused it in the first place.

Mesplay

FNG
I recently had pain that sounds similar and started in my foot but pushed through and spread to my lower knee, doc said Bursa inflammation, been resting for a month, still feeling it. Ready to get back to excercise, but not looking good at the moment. As long as I'm healed by september, just not worth pushing it now!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I haven't had metatarsalgia, but I did have turf toe and that took a long time to go away. It took me almost a couple of months to be able to return to high intensity without a lot of pain.

I don't say that to discourage you, but just to say that it can take a long time for foot injuries to heal, especially if you do a lot of running and jumping. So make sure to get it taken care of so that it doesn't persist long term.

WKR
Deconditoned and overweight people doing a bunch of jumping and bounding exercises... This is absolutely predictable. Yet people keep selling these "hard core" exercise programs.

Whatever, keeps my office busy...

Definitely not speaking to OP (I have no idea if he is deconditioned or overweight) with above rant, just frustrating to see people tearing themselves up while "trainers" keep guiding them into it.

Ctitus25

Lil-Rokslider
Rest and hopefully it gets better. I had the same thing happen last year and it spread to my knees. Between my feet and my knees I had to wear knee braces and insoles just to function in my living room (it sucked). A lot better know, minus some knee issues. In my case it was my body saying it had had enough and now I'm paying for it. Been in PT since October and having to do chiropractics and massage therapy. Hope you get better soon.

I ended up getting custom orthotics for my foot pain. Seems to be working but they weren’t cheap. Luckily insurance covered most of it.

seawolfxix

Lil-Rokslider
I wish I had seen this thread several weeks ago. I’m also having pain in the ball of my foot, which I believe is the result of wearing shoes that were too narrow.

My doctor prescribed custom orthotics on Friday, but it takes 3 weeks to get them, and then I’ll have 3.5 weeks to “get in shape” for hiking.

Terrible timing for an injury.

Bearsears

WKR
I have it in my left foot off and on. I hurt my foot last summer and its never totally gone away. I switched my cardio sessions to only the stair stepper and focused on pressing through my heels. After about six weeks its much better.

I've been wanting to start running. My wife is an avid runner and has been trying to get me to try Brooks forever. I finally gave in. I did their online shoe finder and found out I needed high cushion very supportive running shoes. I ended up in the Adrenaline gts.

I also found out that alot of times this issue is caused by extremely tight calves. This was totally my issue. I started doing calf stretches on an incline board and hitting them with a chirogun. My foot is ten times better than its been in a year. I ran 6 miles this week with no pain plus my normal training in lifting shoes and stairstepper workouts. If you have big stiff calfs, try a legit stretching regimine and massage of some kind.