Foot pain

Fisherhahn

Lil-Rokslider
Was going to hijack another thread but figured I’d start fresh. Does anyone else ever have fit issues with just one foot? Almost every boot out there feels good on my left foot, but can be very painful on my right. Saw my pediatrist, no answers. insoles help, but not always. Im trying to walk through the pain and see if I can get it worked out or boots broke in. Some days feel ok, others it is almost unbearable. The pain is on the right edge of my right foot. Im thinking the issue is my foot not boots. I’m rotating through Solomon, Asolo, and La Sportiva. I wear a pair daily for a week then switch the next week. The Asolo started feeling real good this past week. I do about 3 miles/day and have about 50-60 miles on each pair. Left foot is fine with all 3. Any suggestions?

I had the same issue as I broke my left foot and now it is a bit bigger than my other. I have a pair of Tibets and used a ball and ring shoe stretcher around the area where the edge of my foot hurt. I also bought a pair of Lanthrop and Sons insoles that really helped. I cut them myself and left them a tad wider where I had trouble. That seemed to work for me, and haven't experienced any pain since.

OP
F

Fisherhahn

Lil-Rokslider
Just looked up that product. Very interesting! Could be exactly what I need

Ryhole

FNG
I just sold a pair of Crispi’s because of that. Left foot was fine and the ball of my right foot would kill me after only 2-3 miles in on a hike. Hoping my new Kenetreks will solve it

Reviving this to thread to say that most people have one foot that is larger, usually its the left foot. My left is almost a half size bigger. My foot pain went away from wearing barefoot style shoes/boots that have zero drop and a wide toe box. I got custom fitted russel moccasin boots, they're amazing and really not any more expensive than most the boots guys seem to hunt in

Mudd Foot

WKR
By outside of right foot are you saying the 5th metatarsal end where the bone sticks out behind the pinkie toe? If yes, then I have had success with multiple layers of Leuko tape. See if you can get a Volumetric scan of your feet at a running shoe store. Very informative. If not then you should consider seeing another podiatrist for a second opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shraggs

WKR
If your size is dramatic difference, try stretching with good gobbler and explore different lacing options maybe.

I know about foot pain. Had a bone fall in foot. Basically last season I walked around with a bone coming through my pad on my foot. Doctor told me I need surgery to fix it. It's been 3 weeks since surgery and got my first x-ray of it since surgery and all seems good. Doctor gave me the ok to start walking with the walking boot. Hopefully all is good with it,so I can get back to hitting it hard. Have an elk hunt in Idaho in Oct.

Attachments

• 20210301_092735.jpg
    20210301_092735.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 5