Foot problems

I have started training with some weighted hikes. The last couple have been fairly long hikes on pavement and have noticed my front footpad feels like it’s almost bruised. I don’t have any other issues. No heel slips, hotspots or blisters. Had I not hiked so far I’d say the boots were awesome!

I guess my question is is this normal pain, boot related, or just something you deal with when walking with weight on a hard surface with no give to it.

thanks for any help.

DocMilo

FNG
I have started training with some weighted hikes. The last couple have been fairly long hikes on pavement and have noticed my front footpad feels like it’s almost bruised. I don’t have any other issues. No heel slips, hotspots or blisters. Had I not hiked so far I’d say the boots were awesome!

I guess my question is is this normal pain, boot related, or just something you deal with when walking with weight on a hard surface with no give to it.

thanks for any help.
That could be 1 of 3 things, or a combination of all:
1. how old are your boots?
2. do you have custom arch supports? or at least super feet arch supports?
3. the 2 above could lead to disfunction between the bones in the 3 arches of your feet (medial, lateral and transverse)

If it were me, I'd try new arch supports and or new boots. if that doesn't work? I'd find a Chiropractor who specializes in feet. get them adjusted. I bet it helps!