Football fans???

GSPHUNTER

WKR
College OT rules make more sense. Plus they are fun. NFL sucks and not just the OT rules.

On a squib kick the clock doesn’t start till someone touches the ball and if they take a knee no time is ran off the clock. But if they run it your right it only leaves time for one play. Best game I’ve seen. I’m emotionally drained🤕

Doghed

WKR
Even if the clock did start on the kick as some of you are thinking, you still don't do it because you want Mahomes and Reid as far from your end zone as you can get em. The Bills know as well as anybody what Mahomes/Kelce/Hill can do.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Beendare was trying to convince me of what a great game the Bills/Chiefs was.......I missed it. But saw the highlights, and it reminded me of a typical Big 12 game, which I hate watching. One defense gives up 42 points, and the other gives up 36 points........ya, great game.

I'm more of a total and complete domination kind of guy......for the defense. So I prefer the one-sided blowout type games........or the really low scoring defensive games. I really enjoyed last year's SB.

CorbLand

WKR
NFL overtime rules are stupid. Coin toss determined the winner.
I wish they would at least give the other team a chance to answer. It is better than when all they had to do was kick a field goal. Run it down to the 30, kick a field goal on 3rd down and go home.

Last edited:

eye_zick

Lil-Rokslider
Josh Allen's heroics gained him respect from every footballer out there.

But can we stop with him running the ball? We already had to watch Andrew Luck retire early due to injury.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
^ definitely admire his ferocity, but it does make me very (very) nervous when he puts his head down at the end of a run

I'd like to see him have a long and healthy career; delivering blows to linebackers and db's is probably not the best way to insure that :D

Just saw some stats on the over time rule. Thought it was interesting. Very different picture between playoffs and regular season. They should just go to a 10 min OT period or something.

In the playoffs - "Per NFL research, teams who won the coin toss have won 10 of the 11 playoff games since these rules have been enforced."

In the regular season - "Of the 163 total overtime games since the rule change, teams that won the coin toss have won 86 times and tied 10 times. "

CorbLand

WKR
Just saw some stats on the over time rule. Thought it was interesting. Very different picture between playoffs and regular season. They should just go to a 10 min OT period or something.

In the playoffs - "Per NFL research, teams who won the coin toss have won 10 of the 11 playoff games since these rules have been enforced."

In the regular season - "Of the 163 total overtime games since the rule change, teams that won the coin toss have won 86 times and tied 10 times. "
If I remember correctly, the reason they do the OT the way they do is because it costs a shitload to go over their TV air time.