Footbeds?? lathrop and sons high country synergy..

sneek-ee

WKR
So, I bought me a couple lathrop and sons synergy footbeds just about a year ago.
How long or many miles would you say you get out of yours?

Here's the issue.. I use them in my work shoes (salomons and asics) and in my hunting boots (meindl's).

i'm 6'4" 205 lbs. size 11 in my shoes and boots.

I walk miles each day at work on hard floor. Right out my back door is a mountain, so me and the wife hike 2-3 days a week in the off season. My feet are getting hotspots each day without fail . My heels and the balls of my feet are so sore by the end of the day.

Hiking i had the same issue most of the season if it was more than a few miles. sore heels and balls of my feet.
I have a pair of salomons with the standard footbed in them. I used those on a couple hunts and feet seemed to feel much better overall. Tried them at work with regular footbeds and felt somewhat better, but still had issues by the end of my shift.

I know people rave about the synergy's. Honestly I have not been impressed and they have not helped me much in a year of use. Not once have i said wow these are amazing.
Previously I had used the Green superfeet and they seemed good for the first few hunts/hikes, but never lasted long.

I am thinking of getting the Orange superfeet and giving them a try, i am just worried about them being good for a short time then no good after a bit.
Sole's are on my list of options too, but i have no experience with them...
Any other options you would throw out there for "high impact" cushioning.
I have never got a blister while hunting, hiking or at work on my feet, so that's not an issue at all.
Are the synergy's not for any/every foot type. I have a pretty normal foot i think with normal/mid arches.

Any input on what to look at or what could be going on would be great. Also, this year, early season I will be using inov-8 286 trail runners for deer and elk. Once muzzleloader and rifle rolls around for the wife's hunts and friends when i help pack, i will be wearing my boots. I just like trail runners better after using them this past year more. Recommend me some good footbeds to throw in and try. Thanks

Ray

WKR
I have been using pro step inserts for the last three or four years. In daily wear boots/shoes they only last about 8 months. They are easily torn by debris if it gets inside the boot. That is the only time I had a hot spot due to not swapping out the holes beds for new or undamaged ones.

One pair of light hikers still have green super feet. I find that they squeak a lot against the boot bed when hiking. They don't break down like the pro steps do.

Slim Jim

WKR
I have been using the same pair of green super feet for over a year and a half in my hiking boots and running shoes and they are still in perfect shape. I am 6' tall and 185-190 lbs so I'm not real small and I put them to the test. Maybe you got a bad pair or you walk/run with pronation

Jon Boy

WKR
I was not impressed with the synergy foot beds at all. First of all it I didnt get them for 3 months after ordering them, and second of all, like you, they never made me say wow these are amazing, in fact theyve never made any bit of a difference. I think this year ill try the greenfeet

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
So, I bought me a couple lathrop and sons synergy footbeds just about a year ago.
How long or many miles would you say you get out of yours?

Here's the issue.. I use them in my work shoes (salomons and asics) and in my hunting boots (meindl's).

i'm 6'4" 205 lbs. size 11 in my shoes and boots.

I walk miles each day at work on hard floor. Right out my back door is a mountain, so me and the wife hike 2-3 days a week in the off season. My feet are getting hotspots each day without fail . My heels and the balls of my feet are so sore by the end of the day.

Hiking i had the same issue most of the season if it was more than a few miles. sore heels and balls of my feet.
I have a pair of salomons with the standard footbed in them. I used those on a couple hunts and feet seemed to feel much better overall. Tried them at work with regular footbeds and felt somewhat better, but still had issues by the end of my shift.

I know people rave about the synergy's. Honestly I have not been impressed and they have not helped me much in a year of use. Not once have i said wow these are amazing.
Previously I had used the Green superfeet and they seemed good for the first few hunts/hikes, but never lasted long.

I am thinking of getting the Orange superfeet and giving them a try, i am just worried about them being good for a short time then no good after a bit.
Sole's are on my list of options too, but i have no experience with them...
Any other options you would throw out there for "high impact" cushioning.
I have never got a blister while hunting, hiking or at work on my feet, so that's not an issue at all.
Are the synergy's not for any/every foot type. I have a pretty normal foot i think with normal/mid arches.

Any input on what to look at or what could be going on would be great. Also, this year, early season I will be using inov-8 286 trail runners for deer and elk. Once muzzleloader and rifle rolls around for the wife's hunts and friends when i help pack, i will be wearing my boots. I just like trail runners better after using them this past year more. Recommend me some good footbeds to throw in and try. Thanks

Hey, check out the spynco brand (red model).

Call if you have questions

720-937-1418

Xtorminator

Lil-Rokslider
Haven't tried the Synergy foot beds but the green super feet went right back to REI in short order. Hated them. I was even fitted by the REI person before I bought them. Went back to the original foot beds in my Lowa's and never looked back.

LazyV

Lil-Rokslider
I was not impressed with the synergy foot beds at all. First of all it I didnt get them for 3 months after ordering them, and second of all, like you, they never made me say wow these are amazing, in fact theyve never made any bit of a difference. I think this year ill try the greenfeet

Agreed, they have made a huge difference for me. Well worth the fifty bucks.

OP
S

sneek-ee

WKR
Aron, shoot me the link to the Spenco's your thinkin of if you can please...
Are you still using your synergy's?

OP
S

sneek-ee

WKR
I'm on their site and see a couple options that look decent.
they have some poly-sorb options (one is red), meant for walkers/runners!
then some Total support MAX that are black, blue and red that look pretty good, too.

I wonder if i have some over pronation like Slim said..? Or if i just am a heel strider and walk heavy.....

Shrek

WKR
Anyone using the orange superfeet insoles ? I have a $20 edeal card to burn and a 99cent shipping deal that would make them a deal.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
I use orange superfeet this year instead of traditional green ones like inyears prior, for my feet i like themover tbe greeens. However my feet are pretty tolerant y hunting season as this year i had a newish pair of hanwag alaskans and brand new orange superfeet on an 8 day dall sheep hunt. Turns out on day 6 i discovered that i had just the orange superfeet insole in my left boot and the orange superfeet AND the original insole in the right boot and only found out because i was tryingto dry out my boots aftermany miles of over the boot tops in a creek hauling a sheep out. Regardless neither foot even had a hot spot, but i have orange superfeet in all my hiking shoes/boots now instead of green ones. If you have the volume in your footwear forthemover green superfeeti think you will like the extra cushion over the green ones....atleast i did....