For all you slick bag users

Flapjack

FNG
I’m seriously considering buying a slick bag but wanted to get some insight from those that have them.

First question: I have a woobie and have used in in conjunction with my current bag. One thing I’ve noticed with the woobie is it seems to not breathe very well. If I drape it over my bag, I will 100% wake up the next morning with a TON of condensation in between the woobie and my bag. Like the water vapor makes it through my bag and then hit the woobie like it’s a sheet of plastic
I’ve also noticed when I sleep with just the woobie it starts to feel really clammy.

I’m guessing the slick bag is made of the same materials as the woobie. Has anyone had moisture/lack of breath ability with the slick bag? Does it feel like your sleeping in a plastic garbage bag?

Second question: wide or regular I get claustrophobic in normal mummy bags. The only mummy shaped bag I’ve been comfortable in is the army mss. I’ve heard some people say the wide is gigantic and regular is tiny.

for anyone that has experienced the army mss, how close is the slick bag sizing to it? I definitely couldn’t go a 1/4” smaller than the mss in circumference, but I also don’t want a massive bag that could fit 3 of me. I’m 5’11, 185 with fairly broad shoulders for a man of my stature.

Thanks for any insight you guys can give.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
I’ve not breatheability problems with my Slick. Swap the woobie and your bag and see what happens.

Never had breathability issues with my woobies or slick bags or combining the two together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
The only times I’ve had breathability issues with a woobie is when I’m using it in my house, it’s just to warm for a warm sleeper to use in a heated home.