For The Hammock Guys.

BoTheHunter

Lil-Rokslider
I watched a youtube video and a the dude had long roll with straps on both ends that he hooked to the tree. It looked like a thin cigar hanging in between the trees. Then he unrolled it and POOF! There was a tarp a bug net and his hammock all combined. The next thing he did was stretch out 2 guylines on the tarp and he was done. Does anyone run a setup like this? If so were can i find one?

Sounds like what I call snake skins. It is basically just a sleeve that fits over everything. I use it for my tarp only. I can then hang my tarp and keep it in the sleeve until I want to deploy it. I have seen some that use it to keep everything (hammock and tarp) but depending on distance between trees, sometimes my tarp ridgeline is at a different height than my hammock suspension.

OP
BoTheHunter

BoTheHunter

Lil-Rokslider
Sounds like what I call snake skins. It is basically just a sleeve that fits over everything. I use it for my tarp only. I can then hang my tarp and keep it in the sleeve until I want to deploy it. I have seen some that use it to keep everything (hammock and tarp) but depending on distance between trees, sometimes my tarp ridgeline is at a different height than my hammock suspension.
I think the dude i saw just rolled the tarp over everything, but i dont know how the tarp the bugnet and his hammock were all conected.

Hennessy has the tarp strung to the suspension.

Used it in the past and I would say avoid that setup due to tarp sag. You’ll get it taught but as soon as you put your weight on the hammock the pitch goes to shit.

Buy a Dutch continuous ridgeline and set your tarp up first in the pouring rain. You have a dry workspace to setup and pack it up in reverse. It’s truly the simplest system and stupid lightweight.

mereside

FNG
Definitely snake skins, I tried that all in one but I didn’t like it, I just prefer to set up tarp and hammock separate, for me it packs smaller in individual stuff sacks, with the use of whoopies and Dutch clips it takes no time at all, if raining do tarp first but everyone is individual so worth trying to see how you like it👌, regards Wayne

maverick

Lil-Rokslider
Look at simply light design's website. It was probably a catch all sack. I use one and keep my underquilt hammock and top quilt in it. It has mesh sewn in so it can compress easily. The tarp goes in a snakeskin and separate bag because it might be wet.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

maverick

Lil-Rokslider
Look at simply light design's website. It was probably a catch all sack. I use one and keep my underquilt hammock and top quilt in it. It has mesh sewn in so it can compress easily. The tarp goes in a snakeskin and separate bag because it might be wet.

Here is mine from last elk season. It makes it easy to stuff in a compresion sack.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200710-072756_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20200710-072756_Photos.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 40
OP
BoTheHunter

BoTheHunter

Lil-Rokslider
Oh
Hennessy has the tarp strung to the suspension.

Used it in the past and I would say avoid that setup due to tarp sag. You’ll get it taught but as soon as you put your weight on the hammock the pitch goes to shit.

Buy a Dutch continuous ridgeline and set your tarp up first in the pouring rain. You have a dry workspace to setup and pack it up in reverse. It’s truly the simplest system and stupid lightweight.
Oh ok, i can see that happening. Check out corporals corner on youtube. Look up ridgline on his videos and he shows how to make one just like the dutch.

Yeah There’s no secret on how Dutch makes those continuous ridge lines get some pieces of zing it and it’s fancy titanium hardware and you can easily make it yourself

bwhntMT

Lil-Rokslider

I use one of these as well. However, I don't typically put my tarp in it, just to keep it separate from my hammock and quilts, which I want to stay cleaner and drier than my tarp. Makes packing everything up pretty sweet.

I run a mesh snakeskin with my DCF tarp. I don’t bother with it for my hammock though.
You don’t be need any crazy hardware just a becket hitch or how to run a double becket to prevent slipping.

Invest in a good underquilt is my advice and play around with everything before you head out.