For the Record

Beastmode

WKR
Well said RD. Add to the positives for Aron. Most of us on here have talked to him at one point or another great guy that points out gear that works for an individuals personal budget and expected uses. He takes time away from his family to help other people. Does he promote kifaru? Yes! Y? Because its a damn good product. He also promotes many other brands when kifaru isn't affordable for an individual. Thanks for helping so many people Aron you are a stand up guy.

focker34

Lil-Rokslider
I didn't see the original thread, but it sounds like I didn't miss much. Just wanted to chime in and say that I'm fairly young and green to backpack hunting, so I feel extremely lucky to have found a great group of guys with a wealth of knowledge and minimal bullshit to go with it. I've never directly contacted Aron, but his posts and videos have absolutely helped mold my hunting repertoire. Thanks to everyone that makes this awesome place possible and keep up the great work!

Trout bum

Lil-Rokslider
-I appreciate Rokslide and all the people who contribute valuable information. I have relied on Aron's reviews and have never been disappointed with the gear I purchased as a result. I purchased the KU3700 awhile back as a result of his detailed review and could not be happier.

-That picture of Aron is crazy. It looks like that Aron could lift a school bus (not the short bus either).

-I would buy a "I heart Aron" T-shirt too Littlebuf as long as it's a mesh tank top so I could rock it with my OP corduroy shorts :).

Keep up the good work Rokslide!

gelton

WKR
Were you guys filming a jack links beef jerky commercial? Aron looks like a cross between the abominable snowman and sasquatch in that pic. I would hate to run across something like that in the back country - unless of course he is making a video on packing out elk (this actually happened - he ran across a guy with an elk down and made a video on how to pack the timberline while helping the guy pack out his elk). It is proof positive that it is much easier to cut weight off of yourself than it is your pack...I have lost about ten pounds in the last two months after I realized how much I would have to do without by cutting the ten pounds from my pack.

Last edited:

Slim Jim

WKR
I hear ya Aron, I used to bodybuild back in the early nineties. I wasn't nearly as big as you were but I was 230ish. I'm now 185 at 6' tall and and way better cardio wise. I might not be as strong but definitely have a lot more stamina.

Jager

WKR
I was fighting at that time as well and if the fight lasted longer than 60 seconds, I was in trouble!

Any pics Aron?

My family are pretty heavily involved in MMA over here, and it is amazing the BIG blokes that come into the gym thinking they are going to own the place, they soon learn to lean up if they are going to stick at it, and all of a sudden the are saying how much better they feel.

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Any pics Aron?

My family are pretty heavily involved in MMA over here, and it is amazing the BIG blokes that come into the gym thinking they are going to own the place, they soon learn to lean up if they are going to stick at it, and all of a sudden the are saying how much better they feel.

I'll see what I can dig up and scan.