For the single bevel and two blade broadhead users.

Brandon_SPC

Lil-Rokslider
First I have zero affiliation with them I don't want this to seem like an advertisement. I shoot all kinds of broadheads.

Recently I received my shipping from Gidgee Sticks which is a company out of Australia and wanted to share these broadheads. I'm not sure that these have been talked about here and wanted to show another quality single bevel broadhead for the individuals that like to shoot two blade or single bevels.

Currently I will be using the 225s on the elk hunt this year and here is a picture of the 225s width and thickness. One of the pictures I have it laying next to a 125 grain vented Ironwill and the other I have a 200 grain VPA 3 blade 1 1/4" broadhead laying on top for reference on how wide these broadheads are. I think the width is 1.4" and the thickness is almost at .080" (I think they are .078" but I could be wrong). The first picture is a pack that includes a 100,125, 145, and 225. I was surprised at the quality I got for the cost of 6 broadheads shipped not the mention they came out of the package extremely sharp. From what I have know is the owner, Dan, individually sharpens each and everyone of these on a paper wheel before he ships them out. Dan is great to work with and if you are like me that tries your hardest on buying US made stuff this company also buys US made archery gear such as Ethics Archery Components and sells them in Australia. So maybe that might give you some peace of mind like it did for me.

Just another option for all the two blade or single bevel users. Good Luck this season.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    868 KB · Views: 226
  • Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    1.3 MB · Views: 228
  • Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    1.3 MB · Views: 217
  • Capture3.PNG
    Capture3.PNG
    696.1 KB · Views: 208
I have thought about ordering some of these to try.

Looks like a stout broadhead. Don't think they are the toughest you can purchase but I think they are durable enough for hunting most anything but cinder blocks.

Do you know if you can choose which side you would like bevelled?

Beendare

WKR
Yeah, I like a big BH....shooting the VPA and Buzzcut 150's now.

The thing I worry about with hand sharpened- is it still perfectly straight?

those heads I'm shooting are all tested prior to sale- and they are dead nuts on.

OP
B

Brandon_SPC

Lil-Rokslider
I have thought about ordering some of these to try.

Looks like a stout broadhead. Don't think they are the toughest you can purchase but I think they are durable enough for hunting most anything but cinder blocks.

Do you know if you can choose which side you would like bevelled?
I will agree they are not the toughest but for roughly $65 for 6, including shipping, you get a lot of broadhead for the money. Especially if you go on a hunt in a target rich environment say Hawaii, Texas, Florida etc. You don't have to worry about the huge headache of loosing a broadhead. I even think they have a video of them shooting a 100 or 125 in a cinder block and it came out with minimal damage. I'm pretty sure the video is on their Facebook page.

In regards to the bevel I am not sure. I think they only make right bevel but I could be wrong.

those heads I'm shooting are all tested prior to sale- and they are dead nuts on.

I'm pretty sure he spin tests these prior to sending them out. I haven't seen any difference between the 12 that I have and from the individuals that shoot them they speak highly of these heads. About the only thing I see is a variance in weight. I have seen a couple of grains in variance with the heavy ones but that happens with a lot of manufacturers that produce heavy broadheads.

Just ordered some 150's to try out. These look great, and I've heard nothing but good about them. Shipping from Australia to USA isn't too bad either. Total for 3-pack plus shipping was $39 USD.

Sobrbiker

WKR
Reasonably priced....does he say anywhere what steel and hardness on these? I didn't see it.....

“Heat Treated to a Hardness ranging between 44 & 46 Rockwell. Solid Enough to get the job done, soft enough to easily sharpen to a razor sharp Edge.”

Was going to order some, but when it asks for address it only takes Australian states😐

And no, it doesn’t specify what steel. At that RC I’d expect 1095 or such.

Sobrbiker

WKR
Just ordered some 150's to try out. These look great, and I've heard nothing but good about them. Shipping from Australia to USA isn't too bad either. Total for 3-pack plus shipping was $39 USD.
How’d you get your order in? I’m having no luck putting a US address in. Really would like to try some 125’s...

Beendare

WKR
“Heat Treated to a Hardness ranging between 44 & 46 Rockwell. Solid Enough to get the job done, soft enough to easily sharpen to a razor sharp Edge.”

Was going to order some, but when it asks for address it only takes Australian states😐

And no, it doesn’t specify what steel. At that RC I’d expect 1095 or such.

Single bevel is a less supported edge and benefits from being high quality steel and a higher Rockwell for less edge damage...better edge retention. This is essentially why just about every cutting tool is double bevel- knives and such...a more supported edge.

The SB japanese kitchen knives are amazing...but they are very high quality steel at a high Rockwell hardness.

I've had cheaper steel BH blade edges roll over on animals and dull badly. Its all a tradeoff.......and cost goes up considerably for the better steel.

_________

Just tried to order these a couple days ago and ran into the same problem with US address. I put an email in a couple of days ago. Haven't heard anything yet.

Sobrbiker

WKR
Just tried to order these a couple days ago and ran into the same problem with US address. I put an email in a couple of days ago. Haven't heard anything yet.

Their FB page reflects what their site says: their on holiday. Hopefully they’ll be back this week and we’ll hear something.

ledflight

WKR
I used these in my second season in 2018. 225grain, came shaving sharp. Got me my first harvest, a small buck.
I bought them from US suppliers, one I think was ebay but they have been hard to find since then.

I thought it was stainless but the site says:

"Maintenance: The VanDieman Single Bevel Broadheads are made from Carbon Steel which is suceptible to rust, while the black lamination is designed to protect the metal, the exposed sharpened parts need to be protected. This can be achieved by applying a permanent marker to all exposed metal, some other options are to apply Bowstring wax or Lanolin to these surfaces."

Speaking of Australian broadheads, @Jordan Budd poscast a while back had a gentlemen talk about Kayuga broadheads. Their two blades look real solid. However they have a pilot cut that looks pretty sweet. Anyone shot these?7F4B9700-C231-43EC-9753-6F5FFAF64341.jpegAC107420-9E87-41E4-B9A1-FD956AB4B347.jpeg

sneaky

"DADDY"

Just get you some XXL German Kinetics at 1 7/8" and hammer down lol. Or some Simmons, those things cut a wicked hole as well.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk