for the traditional hunters

OP
HunterHawk

HunterHawk

Lil-Rokslider
Yup, definitely that goes to my buddy! They are a very jumpy deer and also a very aggressive deer which means when you hunt them in December during the rut they are constantly moving! I wish i had better footage of his deer but we were literally packing my deer off the mountain when we spotted his buck.
It made for a perfect opportunity to get close.
Come this January as long as it comes together we will both be using the recurves.

Last edited:

Jdoc

Lil-Rokslider
Well done! Couse are at the top of my list to try and get done with a stick someday! What kind of blind where you using there and did it have enough room to shoot a recurve from if the shot presented itself?

Thanks for the kind words gents.

Jdoc, hunter hawk will have to tell you the model, but i know it was a double bull. Yes, I could have shot out of it with a slightly harder cant than I normally have...and that would have been with 2 of us in there obviously. That was with a 60 inch bow too.

Dusty

OP
HunterHawk

HunterHawk

Lil-Rokslider
Well done! Couse are at the top of my list to try and get done with a stick someday! What kind of blind where you using there and did it have enough room to shoot a recurve from if the shot presented itself?
It was the double bull 360 surround view....yes we lugged that 23 lb blind WAAAAYYYY too far. It was all fun and games until we came out with 2 deer. Almost left it! Have you seen the new Hawk blinds? Definitely wouldn't haul it up any mountains but if you have private property they look pretty recurve conducive but $$$$

Wow...hauling the DB360 around AZ is not something I'd be eager to do, especially in monsoon season. Cous with a bow is impressive. With a trad bow, almost supernatural.

OP
HunterHawk

HunterHawk

Lil-Rokslider
Wow...hauling the DB360 around AZ is not something I'd be eager to do, especially in monsoon season. Cous with a bow is impressive. With a trad bow, almost supernatural.
Haha, will not be hauling the blind in again, and if we do it will be stored on the mountain somehow or picked back up at a later time because that was brutal. I can't wait to get one with my recurve now.

Thanks Gents, we appreciate it.

On a side note, I just got HunterHawk on video killing his first ever elk...and it was with traditional gear! Now the wait for his wonderful wife to edit the video. :whistle: