For those that carry in the backcountry....

kid44

Lil-Rokslider
Ruger Super Redhawk Toklat in 454 casull.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Very nice. I have the Toklat too. Nice gun but it took me a while to get used to the slab sided barrel.
I got a Simply Rugged Chest holster for it.

grfox92

WKR
Can someone post pic of or just explain where your pistol is in the HPG set up? How accessible it is? It seems it would be behind a zipper and not easy to get to?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

twall13

WKR
Can someone post pic of or just explain where your pistol is in the HPG set up? How accessible it is? It seems it would be behind a zipper and not easy to get to?

It is behind a zipper, but you don't grab the zipper to access it, you just rip the panel open. It actually works pretty great. I believe they have a few videos on their website that show how it works.
e70d1b750219cec291797347d23bd096.jpg
5e2c52928092325ca732c7715210e807.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

def90

WKR

The back pocket closest to the body is for your handgun, the additional pockets are for your gear.

eamyrick

WKR
Diamond D chest holster for revolvers. Gunfighter Inc. Kenai or similar for auto loaders. I do like the idea of something specifically made to attach to a bino harness, though I haven't had any issue wearing a chest holster under the binos. I do not like the idea of my bear protection being attached to my pack. My luck is bad enough in terms of getting charged by large critters. I surely don't need my pistol out of reach because I dropped my pack for a final stalk, to go filter water, etc.
2793b5e487500c0bdf1169ba84c87a22.jpg
b972e3413a5aa8e5cf6cf2f96005a6a9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
How does the buckle on the gunfighters holster work with a heavy pack? Kinda looks like it would be under the strap. Just bought a g20 and between the Kenai and Diamond D

def90

WKR
Have you tried shooting a bow with the bino pouch mounted?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I archery hunt with this setup, the bino pouch is nowhere near where your draw stroke is and does not get in the way of anything anymore than a regular bino pouch does.

How does the buckle on the gunfighters holster work with a heavy pack? Kinda looks like it would be under the strap. Just bought a g20 and between the Kenai and Diamond D
Ive got both for the G20. Started with the Diamond D, love it but i needed to go to switch to a less enclosed design after i had her milled and trijicon installed. No complaints about kenai either though. Buckles definitely are BIG compared to the DD but ive never had issue with any of my packs or bino harnesses.
Probably more of a question which material and retention you like better.

Side note, that DD G20 holster does a fantastic job of holding a PMR30 as well.

Best of luck

Elk97

WKR
For those that use a chest harness/bino pac combination doesn't that put a lot more weight on your neck and shoulders? Maybe I'm different but I have enough weight around my neck just carrying the binos and range finder, reeds, & wind checker. Can't imagine adding the weight of my loaded 44.

TheCougar

WKR
I prefer a hip carry on my pack. I’ve tried the Kenai chest holster - it’s a great piece of gear, but I didn’t like it. The extra weight makes my upper back and neck hurt. Plus, I have serious concerns about how quickly i can draw the pistol. I’m accustomed to a hip draw to begin with. Also, I carry my rangefinder on the right side of my binos harness (not going to change that) and the rangefinder partially blocks the pistol grip. Whenever I have tried to practice quick drawing, I cannot reliably get a solid shooting grip when I draw. You could obviously avoid the latter issue by changing your harness up to accommodate the pistol, but I carry it so rarely that I’m not changing. On the flip side, every time to take a pack off, you need to swap the pistol to your belt, which can be cumbersome. I love the idea of the Kenai, but I just couldn’t make it work for me.

OkayestHNTR

Lil-Rokslider
For those that use a chest harness/bino pac combination doesn't that put a lot more weight on your neck and shoulders? Maybe I'm different but I have enough weight around my neck just carrying the binos and range finder, reeds, & wind checker. Can't imagine adding the weight of my loaded 44.
First run with added binos was with a snub 357 which was not bad. And that was the heavy recon chest rig loaded down with my fears. Last year I ran a Glock 23 and TRL1. After a few days I started to notice more tension in neck and shoulders from it. HPG does offer straps which can attach to your pack shoulder straps and support some of the weight. That may be faster than flipping/flopping a pack mounted holster. Plus moving the holster off the pack and to your waist requires a somewhat sturdy belt. I run the HPG w/o binos during family hikes so I like that regardless of what I'm doing or where I'm at in the woods my gun is in same spot. That being said, I might play with running either a drop leg holster or pack mounted holster and, in the event I drop my pack, move the pistol to my HPG chest rig.