For those who hunted Colorado Archery Elk vs Colorado muzzleloader Elk

DIY

WKR
Looking at both these hunts... For those who have done both which was a better experience. I like both weapons and dont have a preference. I was either gonna hunter archery opener or the muzzy opener. I understand the muzzy has 10% chance better to kill, however wondering if that will be a zoo with people. I hunt the SW part of the state.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
IMO it's a no-brainer. With archery you get the whole month (minus Sept 1......which is bewildering), and with ML you only get 9 days. But if you only have 9 days to hunt, then I guess it would be a toss-up. For me, I would hunt it the same either way so nothing really changes except the weapon. I'm a bowhunter, but my girl's use a ML. My best friend never took up archery, so this year I will be with him for his ML hunt, but I don't think it would be any different whether he had a bow or the ML.

If you're by yourself, you probably have a better chance with the ML.

Catahoula

WKR
I will always choose archery first over muzzleloader hunts. I just like archery more than muzzy or rifle hunts, meaning I just like the experience better.

I'd rather hunt with archery equipment. Sure your range isn't as far but if you can call them to 150 yards you can likely call them in to 50 or closer. Plus you dont have to wear orange.

J.G.

FNG
I hunted archery during the ML season last year. Head a few shots, lots of road hunters. Only people who went where I did were archery hunters. I found a secluded spot between some private and had most of my action there. Only a few bugles in the wilderness areas and I had to go along way to find them. I prefer archery for the challenge, but either one would be a great time. Good luck this fall!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The only thing I can say is it depends on when you will be there and how much time you have.
my archery strategy during opening weekend is drastically different than during muzzle season.
elk will be viewable for the most in the beginning of arch. Once muzzy starts you will be going into dark timber and deep canyons, in my experience.
What fits your style best?