Foretrex 701 with sig or Leica LRF

skierhs

WKR
So right now I use a foretrex 701 as my ballistic computer and a Leica 2400-r as my LRF. I range my target and use the range card at 25 yard increments to get the closets option to find my firing solution. Sig just announced that thier BDX rangefinders will “talk” via Bluetooth with the 701 so I can range and the elevation/“wind hold” will show up automatically. My question is, what range finder should I go with? Is the connectivity on the sig worth loosing the glass clarity/tighter beam divergence of the Leica.
(Leica is .5mrad vs sig at about 1 mrad.

eric1115

WKR
I don't know how long till it's available, but I just read about a new Leica 2800 that connects the same way the 2400 BDX does to a kestrel or foretrex. Seems to be potential sweet option!

OP
S

skierhs

WKR
I don't know how long till it's available, but I just read about a new Leica 2800 that connects the same way the 2400 BDX does to a kestrel or foretrex. Seems to be potential sweet option!
I just saw that as well. I’m fairly addicted to the 701 so I guess i’ll Just have to wait and see if they offer that as a options as well.