Forgiving bow. What to buy? Vxr vs revolt x vs ??

ncavi8tor

WKR
What is your draw and what speed did you see?
Don't remember exact speeds because that was early last year. It shot the same or lower speeds as my RealmX, both on performance at 28" DL and 60lbs, with various arrow weights from 350 to 500 grains. It was less efficient with heavier arrows I remember. Thought it was a fluke so I bought another one to test. Same results. I tested it throughout it's draw length range and the closer I got to 30" the closer it got to 350fps IBO calculated. Also, the harsher the draw cycle because the rollover of the full cam is rough!

This is pretty common knowledge on the SR6. Those cams were meant to be shot at the longer draw lengths in order to reach the full speed potential of their designed geometry. Not a bad bow! Just not a speed bow.

NC

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

If you decide on the VXR then I'd recommend upgrading the strings to a brand that makes theirs in BCY 452x. The Matthews zebra strings really are not great. I have a TX5 and when I put after market strings on the bow it made it significantly easier to control letting down and I no longer had peep twist. I'm not sure why the 452x material made it easier for me to let down, maybe someone else could explain that, but none-the-less just replace the stock strings right away if you're concerned about the bow being "forgiving".

Reactions: Zac

Jimbob

WKR
If you decide on the VXR then I'd recommend upgrading the strings to a brand that makes theirs in BCY 452x. The Matthews zebra strings really are not great. I have a TX5 and when I put after market strings on the bow it made it significantly easier to control letting down and I no longer had peep twist. I'm not sure why the 452x material made it easier for me to let down, maybe someone else could explain that, but none-the-less just replace the stock strings right away if you're concerned about the bow being "forgiving".
The only reason different strings would cause letting down to be different is that the bow was out of tune before or is out of tune now.