FORLOH ALLClima 3L rain jacket initial review

I had a name brand rain jacket fail recently that didnt get that much use , and sent it back , so I was looking for a replacement. Then found FORLOH on this forum. Read what others were saying , and really like the idea of American Made , and thought , well, givem a call. So I call the number on the website , got a message saying they would call back ,and in ten minutes I received a call back , and the person on the other line answered all my questions , and a couple questions she was not sure of and was looking the answer up as we were talking .

They had a sale going that ended that night , so instead of researching and digging to the bottom of all its pluses and minuses in the comfort of my living room until the thing Im looking into is discontinued and I gotta start all over again on the next model , I reluctantly place the order , mostly because its a new company and the track record isnt there , which is why Im writing this to help other Roksliders .

My rain jacket comes earlier than expected , label says 2nd day , but I didnt pay for that I just went with free ground. So after being home from work for 30 seconds , I open up the package and the jacket is in a logo bag that looks like a zipperd dry bag but guessing its not waterproof but will come in handy. I immediately notice the fit is dead on for me personally and what I think should be an Xl is an XL . Their website has a nice sizing chart that had a scale which showed the areas of chest, waist, and sleeve , and where it would be tight or loose ,depending on the measurements you punch in ,and then also recommends a size.
The Torso fit nice and most importantly to me were the arms , they fit nice as well , not to tight like other brands of clothing including the other brand I sent back. I understand a liittle tighter fit around the arms for some peoples style of hunting , I personally want a little room for layering and movement which I feel this is a great balance of while not being baggy. I had a full range of motion while pretending to cast a fishing rod , shoulder a gun , and glass just to see how it felt.
I watched forlohs short video of a guy wearing the jacket , showing the finer points of the product and when he got to the hood portion , I gotta tell you I wasnt sure if I would like it. To me it looked like the brim of the hood came down to low when he tightened the bungies , possibly obstructing view . So I played with that while wearing a ball cap and not wearing a ball cap. 99% of the time Im wearing one . So I tightened the bungies on the the hood to different degrees to see what I liked while moving my head around to see if I still would have clear field of view or an annoying slide around your face hood , and feel like I have to keep pulling the hood over or down etc. For my initial standing in my house trial it went really well and thought the fit and feel of the hood was better than expected. I also removed the ball cap and really cinched down on the head bungies to see how tight around my face it would get , and how how clear field of view was , and keep driving rain out . It was just at the bottom of my chin and covered half my the cheeks on my face .
We did have some thunderstorms that evening ,and since I didnt have to send it back because the size wrong , I put it on and stood out in the rain to see what we got for about an hour with the dog .
carefully took off the rain jacket and turned it inside out to look for any leaks or wet spots so I could return it right away if it did. Relieved it did not have any wet spots , mostly so I didnt have to go thru the trouble of returning and be on the search again for the right jacket.
This was only a quick run down on my initial thoughts , I hope to get some actual field use out of it soon and report back how its holding up . But so far I will most likely save some coin, wait for a sale and buy the pants to go with it.
I attached some just ok pics . Hope this helps someone.

Attachments

• 20210712_201542.jpg
    20210712_201542.jpg
    220.8 KB · Views: 73
  • 20210712_201615.jpg
    20210712_201615.jpg
    241.9 KB · Views: 67
  • 20210712_201714.jpg
    20210712_201714.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 68
  • 20210712_201507.jpg
    20210712_201507.jpg
    219.8 KB · Views: 68
  • 20210712_201649.jpg
    20210712_201649.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 72
  • 20210712_202126.jpg
    20210712_202126.jpg
    232.8 KB · Views: 70
OP
F
Well thats crazy, I have a 196 Fishmaster.

But anyway , I have used the rain jacket a bunch , Has held up great , no issues
I really like it , the fit is great .I like the way you can pull down and tighten up the face area and still have good head movement , especially hauling a$$ in my fishmaster when its raining .
I previously had First lite and thought the arms were too tight , this Forloh has a what I think is the right amount of room in the arms that are not too tight and not baggy , I understand wearing differ under clothing will affect all this, but this strikes a nice balanc .
If I had to buy this again I would. Really like made in America , think we should do more of buying American made products but thats just me .

Im eyeballing one of the down jackets or vests , any one have any knowledge or experience ?? Not sure about the 600 down fill for what I want .

Hope my comments help.