FORLOH

4dcfries

FNG
All, I made the decision to change out my hunting clothes from anything that was made in China or outside the USA. This led me on an extensive internet search and I came upon Forloh (For the love of Hunting). After some research and a call or two into the company I decided to pull the trigger on a number of their items. A 3 layer rain coat and pant, along with a down vest, hunting shirt and their all purpose hunting pant.

Allclima 3L coat (green) pant (green)
Thermoneutral Down Vest (deep cover)
Allclima stretch woven pant (green)
Deep space half zip (deep cover)

Besides being happy to have this made in the USA I was shocked at the quality. Of course this is before I am able to use it on my archery elk hunt this year but it is amazing to say the least in it’s build. The deep cover camo is directly a hit at Kuiu and no wonder...the designer came from Kuiu. I use camo now sparingly and rely on blacks and greens where I think it’s workable. I liked the gear enough to order more which arrives this week. The stretch woven pants are a 4 way stretch with knee covers (wouldn’t really call them pads ). They remind me of the attack pants from Kuiu. They seem a bit more substantial and I passed along the wish for a waterproof seat and knees for the future.
The rain gear so far is great. I am using it for a winter coat with the vest under it.
I am not a professional hunter nor a expert in gear reviews but I have to say that the combination of US made products and a high attention to detail in the making of this gear is fantastic. It is pricey (matches up with Sitka) but that is expected as it is under US laws for labor and such. Oh, I had to return the woven pants as the regular length was not for my 34” inseam..the tall is on order. I would say fit is tighter than Kuiu and Sitka...I used a 34 waist in Kuiu and use a 36 in Forloh. All larges in coats were the same. Hope any of this helps and if I can help with any questions let me know. Cheers.

jkv5012

FNG
Did you by chance also order the soft shell jacket? If so, I’m curious what your thoughts are.

PLucas

FNG
I found this on a search about the company here. I am in need of a puffy jacket for this year's hunt. I really want to buy made in the USA or at least not manufactured in China or similar.

Have you had a chance to go out and use the gear? I am on the fence about whether to buy from Forloh as they are new and not much info on them. I also live in the midwest and do not know anyone who has the gear to check out.

Rock-o

WKR
They are at the top of my list for whatever my next purchase is - hopefully they'll have the product I want.

OP

4dcfries

FNG
Have you hunted with any of the clothing yet?
I have used the pants and coats for moving around my property in Ohio under very windy and cold conditions. They all worked very well if not great. Very impressed with the quality. I would say that the weight is a bit more than the Kuiu but I feel it is not a deal breaker in any sense

OP

4dcfries

FNG
Did you by chance also order the soft shell jacket? If so, I’m curious what your thoughts are.
I did. I have most of what they sell except the down pants and coat. I have the stretch pants on order for 36L.

bsnedeker

WKR
I was talking to a guy that works for them... sounds like this is going to be a big year for them. I'm excited to try out some stuff.I live 30 minutes from their storefront in whitefish. I need some rain pants so I'm going to try them out.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

OP

4dcfries

FNG
I found this on a search about the company here. I am in need of a puffy jacket for this year's hunt. I really want to buy made in the USA or at least not manufactured in China or similar.

Have you had a chance to go out and use the gear? I am on the fence about whether to buy from Forloh as they are new and not much info on them. I also live in the midwest and do not know anyone who has the gear to check out.
I not sure what your hesitation is but I did not hesitate to buy from them. I wear some of their stuff all the time...the shirts, water proof coats, the down vest. Amazing quality and I am not concerned about their being in business in another year. The demand is great the if the quality remains as it is they will do fine. It will take a few years for Kuiu and Sitka to move their supply chains over....if they decide to do that, which I am not sure they will. Cheap asian labor without any benefit to our fellow workers and country is just not acceptable to me anymore. Your choice though.

2ski

WKR
I not sure what your hesitation is but I did not hesitate to buy from them. I wear some of their stuff all the time...the shirts, water proof coats, the down vest. Amazing quality and I am not concerned about their being in business in another year. The demand is great the if the quality remains as it is they will do fine. It will take a few years for Kuiu and Sitka to move their supply chains over....if they decide to do that, which I am not sure they will. Cheap asian labor without any benefit to our fellow workers and country is just not acceptable to me anymore. Your choice though.
His hesitation is that it's a new company and not many reviews or feedback yet. Your use isn't a real hunting situations so as much as you're liking it so far, he wants more data. I'd be the same as him.

I can't find their weight of clothing listed?
Prices also seem to be pretty high, a few quick side by side comparing to kifaru LP and some sitka rain gear, FORLOH was the highest?

That was their puffy compared to kifaru's LP and sitka's new dewpoint compared to their rain jacket.

I was excited to see a company near by my stomping grounds marketing made in the USA but not convinced yet. Also it says 100% made in the USA, but I didn't see where they get the materials?

Not sure a start up company with sky high prices is going to slow down sitka, FL, ect.

jkv5012

FNG
Prices also seem to be pretty high, a few quick side by side comparing to kifaru LP and some sitka rain gear, FORLOH was the highest?

That was their puffy compared to kifaru's LP and sitka's new dewpoint compared to their rain jacket.

I was excited to see a company near by my stomping grounds marketing made in the USA but not convinced yet. Also it says 100% made in the USA, but I didn't see where they get the materials?

Not sure a start up company with sky high prices is going to slow down sitka, FL, ect.
I reached out to their customer service because the weight of the softshell I was interested in wasn’t listed. That piece was 31 oz. I realize you didn’t ask about that particular piece but I mention it because it’s quite a bit heavier than the other big brands. Not sure if that’s the case across their lineup.

PLucas

FNG

The price and a new company always makes me question. I did order the half-zip that arrives today so I can check out the quality first hand and use it for spring turkey here before ordering more. I ideally want to get the puffy, pants, and the softshell.

PLucas

FNG

I emailed them about the weight of the puffy. They responded very quickly. It is heavier than the others companies lighter weight puffy but in line with the heavier weight puffys/heavy jacket. A large Furloh puffy is 20oz.

Im interested in this brand too, i prefer made in America more and more these days. Does anyone have the pants and a top? It looks like they might work for early season archery but im worried they might be a bit too warm for me. Im definitely gonna try their stuff sometime either way, i hope they come out with some lighter clothing like the apex stuff from sitka in the future

OP

4dcfries

FNG

US made will most likely always be more in price for reasons that might be obvious. In the section called Why Forloh it does make the statement that all materials are sourced in the USA.
As for weight I would have to say that it will be heavier than what you saw with Kuiu and Sitka ( the only two brands I have used in the past). Forloh does offer a free return which I used on a pair of pants that were to short (I needed the Long ). So If you are so inclined to try you can purchase and see for yourself.

OP

4dcfries

FNG
His hesitation is that it's a new company and not many reviews or feedback yet. Your use isn't a real hunting situations so as much as you're liking it so far, he wants more data. I'd be the same as him.
Fully understand that indeed!. I have used the gear lightly so far but won’t get real world feedback until September and October of this year. A good three to four week slog will give me good indication. I have always liked trying new stuff and the pro hunters they use to showcase use has some validity but of course it’s not me. Lastly..I mean this sincerely, if you are of the nature to support companies like this, even a small purchase and then give feedback is so welcome to these companies. Tough times they are...but a company that wants to make quality gear..all sourced and made in America??? Now that is worth trying in my book. I apologize for the band wagon, I just had my coffee!

fatlander

WKR
A rokslide review of the product would be awesome to see. I’m all set on clothing for the time being, but as some pieces reach the end of their useful life I’d love to keep my money spent on American made and sourced products, provided they perform as well as the ones made across the pond.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk