FORLOH

KHNC

WKR
Looked at the website just now. Some really nice looking gear, prices are outfknrageous tho. Even with a 25% sale.

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
Here are my long-winded thoughts on my first Forloh purchase - the Insect Shield SolAir pants and shirt. The closest set of existing hunting clothes I have are the Sitka ESW pants and shirt, and while they are not exactly the same, I will compare them in some instances.
  1. Timing - my order was placed the morning of 4/5 and the items were delivered by mid-afternoon on 4/7. I live in GA, so it wasn't a local shipment.
  2. Overall impression. The quality spoken about above is apparent, especially in the stitching. These are, however, pretty lightweight pieces, so construction might be better judged with heavier items.
  3. Fit. I'm 6'2" and about 205 lbs - with a bit of that around my gut. My Sitka sizes are XL upper and 36 Tall in pants (including ESW for both). My FL sizes vary a bit, but are usually L for upper and pants.
    • The Forloh L shirt fits very well and I'm confident I could wear something beneath it.
    • The waist of the 36" Forloh and Sitka pants are very similar - although the Forloh might be a tad more snug around my hips. The length is fine - but the Forloh pants are 2" shorter (overall and inseam) than the Sitka 36T.
  4. Price.
    • I paid $119 and $139 (on sale) for the Sitka ESW shirt and pants back in 2018. They now list on the Sitka page for $103 and $119 ($221 total), and may be on the way out and/or outdated.
    • My Forloh shirt and pants were $84.15 and $135.15 (on sale for 15% off buying both together), so a total very close to the ESW set.
  5. Build and miscellaneous.
    • Pockets:
      • The Forloh shirt doesn't have a pocket, but the ESW does have a zippered chest pocket. One of these might be nice to add, but would presumably add to the cost.
      • The Forloh pants have 4 pockets - two regular pants pockets, and two zippered pockets - one on the right back, and one on the right front leg. The ESW has almost too many pockets to count. Nothing on the back, two regular pants pockets, and then a complicated pair of pockets, one on each upper leg. The main pocket is buttoned (but just one - and stuff can fall out), with two more pockets within that pocket, along with another zipper pocket on top of the main pocket.
      • The ESW pants have better pocket options, including on both upper legs. If I'm sitting I might not use the back pocket in the Forloh pants.
    • The ESW shirt and pants have some mesh that helps with heat, but mesh might be counterproductive for insects. The ESW shirt is also button up and lacks a hood, so the build comparison is limited.
  6. Conclusion. I'm very happy with the purchase so far. While I would give the nod in pocket options to the ESW pants, I'm guessing I probably don't need the full set of complicated Sitka pockets, and a primary differentiator in this Forloh set is the insect treatment. The ESW clothing provides ZERO protection against mosquitoes - they drill right through that stuff.
A bit of an update on the pants and shirt:
  • I felt relatively cool in 80 degree heat
  • I was not bitten by any bugs, and I was in the woods and tall weeds a good bit tracking a deer. The place is loaded with mosquitos, chiggers and ticks.
  • Other than the length of the pants (they are too short - I had to tuck them into my Insect Shield socks), they are good to go.

ForlohFamily

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
  • I was not bitten by any bugs, and I was in the woods and tall weeds a good bit tracking a deer. The place is loaded with mosquitos, chiggers and ticks.
  • Other than the length of the pants (they are too short - I had to tuck them into my Insect Shield socks), they are good to go.
Thank you for the feedback. Insect Shield is back in stock. Check it out before it sells out again.

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
Thank you for the feedback. Insect Shield is back in stock. Check it out before it sells out again.

You're welcome. Thanks for the tip, but I don't think I want to buy another pair due to the first pair being too short.

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
Update #2. I wore the shirt again today, along with gloves from another manufacturer. No bugs with the shirt, but lots of mosquito bites on my hands. @ForlohFamily can you make some gloves?

As for the pants, I ended up wearing FL pants because I was spot and stalk hunting and the pants don’t have enough pockets.

ForlohFamily

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Update #2. I wore the shirt again today, along with gloves from another manufacturer. No bugs with the shirt, but lots of mosquito bites on my hands. @ForlohFamily can you make some gloves?

As for the pants, I ended up wearing FL pants because I was spot and stalk hunting and the pants don’t have enough pockets.
Gloves are on the way, Christmas!!

ForlohFamily

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Treated with Insect Shield? And a gaiter too?
No, not in insect shield yet. The gloves will be in our deep space. Gaiter we launched in SolAir this year and insect shield gaiters will launch next year.

bsnedeker

WKR
No, not in insect shield yet. The gloves will be in our deep space. Gaiter we launched in SolAir this year and insect shield gaiters will launch next year.

I believe the gaiters we are all waiting for are of the knee-high waterproof variety!

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
My Forloh Insect Shield shirt didn’t work today. I watched mosquitoes bite through the shirt. This is the second season I’ve worn it. Anyone else have any issues?

My Forloh Insect Shield shirt didn’t work today. I watched mosquitoes bite through the shirt. This is the second season I’ve worn it. Anyone else have any issues?
Yeah. I had some IS pants. Worn and washed several times. Last time I had 6 ticks and a batch if seed ticks on my thighs. The hoodie I have is fine though. Odd. I also haven't contacted them about it yet. I'm guessing they'll respond here.

ForlohFamily

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor

FORLOH Lifetime Warranty​

At FORLOH we make things as strong as possible. Our no-concessions approach to durability pushes the limits of fabrics and manufacturing technology. Our products are covered by a lifetime warranty of any manufacturing defects. Hands down we stand by the quality of the American workforce that proudly builds our products for you.

Please reach out to our customer support team so we can resolve these issues.

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
T

FORLOH Lifetime Warranty​

At FORLOH we make things as strong as possible. Our no-concessions approach to durability pushes the limits of fabrics and manufacturing technology. Our products are covered by a lifetime warranty of any manufacturing defects. Hands down we stand by the quality of the American workforce that proudly builds our products for you.

Please reach out to our customer support team so we can resolve these issues.

Thabks! Will do when the hunt is over.