FORLOH

@RGMissoula

On the website, it says the ThermoNeutral Down Jacket is a mid-layer. I am assuming if I buy the Down in medium and the softshell in medium, the softshell would fit correctly over the down jacket?
Hello. Yes you are correct. The sizing on the protective layers (Softshell/ 3L rain jacket) were designed to fit over the down layer.

RG

bsnedeker

WKR
I went to the store in Whitefish last week and picked up a pair of rain pants. They are extremely well made and I'm looking forward to trying them out. You can wear them over other layers or you could just wear them as your pants, they are that comfortable!

Size wise I tried the medium and the large. The mediums fit my waist perfectly but were a touch too short for me...34 inch inseam (I'm 6'2"). They have a velcro system to adjust the waist so I tightened up the waist and they were perfect. The lady at the store said they would be coming out with tall sizes in the fall, but I needed pants now so I went with the larges.

I will say that store in Whitefish is BY FAR the fanciest hunting gear store I've ever been in. The lady in the store knows the gear and answered any questions I had. It was a great experience.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I went to the store in Whitefish last week and picked up a pair of rain pants. They are extremely well made and I'm looking forward to trying them out. You can wear them over other layers or you could just wear them as your pants, they are that comfortable!

Size wise I tried the medium and the large. The mediums fit my waist perfectly but were a touch too short for me...34 inch inseam (I'm 6'2"). They have a velcro system to adjust the waist so I tightened up the waist and they were perfect. The lady at the store said they would be coming out with tall sizes in the fall, but I needed pants now so I went with the larges.

I will say that store in Whitefish is BY FAR the fanciest hunting gear store I've ever been in. The lady in the store knows the gear and answered any questions I had. It was a great experience.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Thanks for the Review. You are correct, our current line of pants came out on the shorter size at 32 Inseam, and we are currently working on getting Tall pants built and in the line for us taller guys.

RG

I just received the puffy vest, half zip, hat and neck gaiter i ordered. Very comfortable and high quality stuff, looking forward to using it this year. I really like the deep cover pattern too. Now i just need the pants and softshell jacket I'll be pretty set for this year!

PLucas

FNG
I just received the puffy vest, half zip, hat and neck gaiter i ordered. Very comfortable and high quality stuff, looking forward to using it this year. I really like the deep cover pattern too. Now i just need the pants and softshell jacket I'll be pretty set for this year!
I got the pants a few weeks ago and they are very nice! The quality per $ is way higher than my first lite pants. I just ordered the puffy jacket and baselayer bottoms. Now I will just need to get the softshell and I will be pretty set also.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Im interested in this brand too, i prefer made in America more and more these days. Does anyone have the pants and a top? It looks like they might work for early season archery but im worried they might be a bit too warm for me. Im definitely gonna try their stuff sometime either way, i hope they come out with some lighter clothing like the apex stuff from sitka in the future
Check out Gulch Gear if you're looking for Made in the US lightweight gear. They tell you where everything is sourced and it's sewed in Oregon. Nice to have US made options

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
Thanks for the Review. You are correct, our current line of pants came out on the shorter size at 32 Inseam, and we are currently working on getting Tall pants built and in the line for us taller guys.

RG
Any idea when solid color pants will be available in tall sizes? The 32 inseam just isn't going to cut it, and I get way more use out of solids than I do camo pants.

Check out Gulch Gear if you're looking for Made in the US lightweight gear. They tell you where everything is sourced and it's sewed in Oregon. Nice to have US made options

My neighbor actually told me about them about a year ago, he said he is friends with the owner or something. I live in oregon and i really like their transparency so i did consider their clothing but it just didn't seem like it was quite as technical as forloh so i decided to try forloh. You're right, its great to have options. Wish more of these big companies would attempt to make clothing here, kudos to all the companies like forloh, gulch, kifaru and seek outside. I cant help but wonder what conditions my stone glacier and sitka clothing were made under, and how old all the workers are. Would be nice to see more transparency like gulch gear has going on, even if its not made here itd be nice to know whether or not the workers are treated/paid fairly. I know most people dont seem to care, but some of us do.

bsnedeker

WKR
Any idea when solid color pants will be available in tall sizes? The 32 inseam just isn't going to cut it, and I get way more use out of solids than I do camo pants.

The lady at the store told me it would be the Fall for the tall sizes.

loopmtz

Lil-Rokslider
I had a chance to check their gear out at the last TAC. I was impressed by the quality of all the items I looked at and tried on. Their puffy jacket in XXL was to small for me but the rain jacket fit perfect in the same size. I plan to buy a few items in the near future and support an American company!

JAD915

Lil-Rokslider
Any chance there will be a pair of bibs - tall sizes included - in the future?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Voyageur

WKR
@RGMissoula and those of you who have tried the FORLOH pants........
Are the pants cut roomy thru the seat and thighs? FL and Sitka pants fit me great, although differently, while I can barely squeeze into Kuiu.
Thanks

I just got the pants. They fit like kuiu to me, which i like cause i like slim fit pants. I ordered a size up like kuiu too. They're much nicer than kuiu

Lawnboi

WKR
So many new companies in this market, however until a few recent threads I didn’t know they were US made. I’ll be buying some now. Thanks for bringing this back up

mlgc20

WKR
These are the types of companies that are easy to root for. I‘ve been looking around the puffy market, and took a look at the Forloh offerings. Unfortunately, I was pretty disappointed. Much heavier than expected. No hood. And not sure why they would go with 650 duck down. 800+ goose down is what I would expect at that price point. I did really like their camo patterns.

Will continue to follow the company and see where they go. And will certainly consider them down the road. Nobody gets it all right straight out of the gate.

bsnedeker

WKR
Yup just used it to get my last bit which is the softshell
I'm really tempted to do the same...that softshell jacket is awesome (checked it out in the store). I don't even like softshell jackets for the most part but that thing is great.