FORLOH

sneaky

"DADDY"
Yeah, mid September is halfway through the season. They missed the boat for fall hunts this year

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

L
All, I made the decision to change out my hunting clothes from anything that was made in China or outside the USA. This led me on an extensive internet search and I came upon Forloh (For the love of Hunting). After some research and a call or two into the company I decided to pull the trigger on a number of their items. A 3 layer rain coat and pant, along with a down vest, hunting shirt and their all purpose hunting pant.

Allclima 3L coat (green) pant (green)
Thermoneutral Down Vest (deep cover)
Allclima stretch woven pant (green)
Deep space half zip (deep cover)

Besides being happy to have this made in the USA I was shocked at the quality. Of course this is before I am able to use it on my archery elk hunt this year but it is amazing to say the least in it’s build. The deep cover camo is directly a hit at Kuiu and no wonder...the designer came from Kuiu. I use camo now sparingly and rely on blacks and greens where I think it’s workable. I liked the gear enough to order more which arrives this week. The stretch woven pants are a 4 way stretch with knee covers (wouldn’t really call them pads ). They remind me of the attack pants from Kuiu. They seem a bit more substantial and I passed along the wish for a waterproof seat and knees for the future.
The rain gear so far is great. I am using it for a winter coat with the vest under it.
I am not a professional hunter nor a expert in gear reviews but I have to say that the combination of US made products and a high attention to detail in the making of this gear is fantastic. It is pricey (matches up with Sitka) but that is expected as it is under US laws for labor and such. Oh, I had to return the woven pants as the regular length was not for my 34” inseam..the tall is on order. I would say fit is tighter than Kuiu and Sitka...I used a 34 waist in Kuiu and use a 36 in Forloh. All larges in coats were the same. Hope any of this helps and if I can help with any questions let me know. Cheers.
is the material noisy?

Nice to. Looks like good stuff.
Its definately high quality. I bought a whole kit over the last few months to replace all my sitka and stone glacier. I hope they make pants out of the new lightweight shirt material, cause its really good for hot weather. Kept me feeling cool while i was sweating like crazy on a ruck in the sun

Venom One

WKR
Hey Babybear,

I always know that posting honestly to these forums always leads to people excited to troll and bash. Frankly I find it interesting that you only have 3 posts to Rokslide, and they are all directed at bashing FORLOH. So... Let's be transparent here. My name is Ryan Guay, and I'm the VP of Sales at FORLOH. Who are you? Who do you work for?

I'm not going to get down in the weeds on this. Our founder has been successful enough that he can base himself out of PR for most of the year, and has other businesses. We have an office, Retail store, and warehouse in Whitefish, Montana with 14 full-time Employees, we have 3-6 designers (Depends on the season). We work with 5+ US factories, and buy all of our raw materials from suppliers that are making products in the USA. On average, each Garment we make is touched by 40-60 American citizens all making over $15 an hour with full-time employment benefits.

All of the Employees/ Contractors/ factory workers above are paying Taxes. And, if you know enough to do all the research above. You would also know that Start-ups are not profitable for years and corporations are taxed on Profits.

So lets go hunt together, I've paid for all my tags in Montana and am paying my taxes. Same will all my co-workers.

Ryan

Hi Ryan,
I'm replying to this post since it specifies your position at Forloh and think you'd be the perfect person to answer this question. I'm looking at buying a new rain jacket and your Men's AllClima 3L Rain Jacket with RECCO® sounds really nice, but I have a question about the specs. Forloh's website specifies the waterproof rating as "<35k +/mm Waterproof" and my understanding is that the higher the number, the more waterproof it is. The 35K number indicates an extremely high level of waterproofness, but the < sign in front means it's LESS THAN 35K so that means it can be any number below 35k. Essentially a cotton T-shirt would fall into the "<35k +/mm waterproof" category so I'm very confused by the rating. Maybe it's a typo and it's supposed to be >35k +/mm or am I misunderstanding the rating?

Hi Ryan,
I'm replying to this post since it specifies your position at Forloh and think you'd be the perfect person to answer this question. I'm looking at buying a new rain jacket and your Men's AllClima 3L Rain Jacket with RECCO® sounds really nice, but I have a question about the specs. Forloh's website specifies the waterproof rating as "<35k +/mm Waterproof" and my understanding is that the higher the number, the more waterproof it is. The 35K number indicates an extremely high level of waterproofness, but the < sign in front means it's LESS THAN 35K so that means it can be any number below 35k. Essentially a cotton T-shirt would fall into the "<35k +/mm waterproof" category so I'm very confused by the rating. Maybe it's a typo and it's supposed to be >35k +/mm or am I misunderstanding the rating?
You know what. Thats a dam good question and it has caused a stir of communication within our team today. When we got the test results back from the Lab, this is how they reported them. We are circling back to them to find out what that exactly means, and will report back. Thanks for finding that and helping us fix fine details in our communication.

Venom One

WKR
You know what. Thats a dam good question and it has caused a stir of communication within our team today. When we got the test results back from the Lab, this is how they reported them. We are circling back to them to find out what that exactly means, and will report back. Thanks for finding that and helping us fix fine details in our communication.
Awesome! Thanks for following up and I look forward to hearing what you find.

Awesome! Thanks for following up and I look forward to hearing what you find.
I actually love when potential customers find these little details. In a Start-up, we are all running so fast and wearing so many hats that we don't always know the answers. Especially when it comes to lab tested results and what is written on the site. So thank you! I can't tell you the exact rating, but from personal experience I know the jacket is waterproof AF and breathes better than any I have worn. But we will respond back/ fix the communication.

Mitten32

WKR
Any feedback from users of the Allclima Strech Pant. Debating about purchasing these for a second season Colorado hunt.

PLucas

FNG
Any feedback from users of the Allclima Strech Pant. Debating about purchasing these for a second season Colorado hunt.
I have them and really like them....but I haven't tested them yet. I am also doing second season in Colorado and these are what I will be using.

They are well built and seem very solid though. I paid a similar price for my Firstlite which is crappy quality in comparison to the Forloh.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I'm still waiting on Tall versions of their pants.....

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

madcalfe

WKR
ok so the rain gear I've found some reviews online and they claim FORLOH has a 22K/mm waterproofness. which beats out canis rain gear, kuiu kutana and guide but the new chugach has a rating of 30,800/mm waterproofness and also the stone glacier m5 is at 31,000/mm waterproofness. cant seem to find the ratings on sitka though.
the chugach and m5 also weigh about 12oz lighter than FORLOH

KBrangers

FNG
A buddy of mine that I hunt with has been wearing forloh this bow season, not any louder than Sitka or kuiu. He has been pretty impressed. My next hunting purchase will be a Forloh kit

I finally took the dive on Forloh, ordered the Allclima 3L rain jacket and pants. Its usually really hot and dry when I hunt so all of my gear is warm weather focused, but with an upcoming storm I took the opportunity to splurge on some gear that was missing from my kit. Fingers crossed it gets here on time and fits!

I finally took the dive on Forloh, ordered the Allclima 3L rain jacket and pants. Its usually really hot and dry when I hunt so all of my gear is warm weather focused, but with an upcoming storm I took the opportunity to splurge on some gear that was missing from my kit. Fingers crossed it gets here on time and fits!
Good: pieces seem quality and I would definitely look to FORLOH first to see if they offer what I am looking for.

Bad: the pants are too short as a few others have mentioned. Length is not listed on the sizing chart but for the medium pants I was told it’s a 32” inseam. I usually wear 32” pants but these ride up quite a bit when you squat/kneel/do anything besides walk normally which exposed the top of my boot. Not ideal for a dedicated rain pant and they will be going back. They said woven pants will be available in long soon but didn’t mention rain pants. These should be 34” inseam.

Neutral: the Allclima 3L jacket was a little thicker than I expected. Not necessarily bad, but for my intended use I think it’s a little too much. I will be ordering the new Airalite to compare before deciding which one to keep, but the large fit as I like it to. Felt true to size.

I used the allclima soft shell all season and it was solid. Kept me completely dry in a few down pours, blocks the wind and held up better than other jackets I've tried. I'm extremely hard on stuff and cheap lol. I've got about 60 days in it and so far so good, the price is not for the faint of heart but beats sending money to china.

First impression comparison of a few pieces with photos. Clockwise starting at the upper left: Forloh Airalite "Exposed" rain jacket, Forloh Allclima 3L "Deep Cover" rain jacket, Cabelas windproof sweatshirt "Realtree", Gulch Gear Lightweight L/S "Cross Cover Axel", Gulch Gear Lightweight L/S "Cross Cover Brown", Forloh Deep Space L/S "Exposed".

Overall fit and finish is impressive on all of the pieces. Heavy taped zippers, sealed seams on the rain jackets, perfect stitching. All made and sourced in USA which is super cool, something you can be proud to wear even if the name is a bit silly haha.
FD61F18B-7CC4-4166-A2FE-81D61D05563E.jpeg

~Forloh Allclima 3L - A really nice all-around bad weather jacket. Fabric is softer to the touch and quieter than the Airalite. About twice the weight and volume as the Airalite in size large. 29oz
~Forloh Airalite - Good rain shell if you like to layer. Has a bit of a grid texture and is fairly loud. If its actively raining I don't think the noise would be a problem but stalking when it's dry might be a different story. Bought this to be a pure rain shell that is packable and it fits the bill. 15 oz
~old Cabelas windproof sweatshirt - my favorite truck hunting piece of gear for when it's cold and dry. 2lbs dry and 40lbs wet. Fills up my whole pack when not wearing it.
~Gulch Gear Lightweight L/S - great warm weather long sleeve, breathable and light. A bit of a grid texture on the inside for better ventilation. 6.5oz
~Forloh Deep Space L/S - Might call this a mid weight shirt? Website isnt exactly clear on weight, either on the material or overall. It's about twice the volume and weight as the Gulch Gear, but obviously for different purposes. Exposed color is more brown on the longsleeve vs. the Airalite jacket which is more greyish. Has thumb holes which is nice because I have longer arms and it keeps the sleeve from riding up too much. 10.7oz

The Deep Cover color is interesting, the bright green really pops compared to the darker green and brown. Probably a good spring color in wet areas. I prefer the exposed between the two for where I usually hunt in northern CA. The Gulch Gear Cross Cover Brown is a really great color and what I wear until it starts to get cold/wet.

Airalite vs. Allclima 3L
E0B236AB-6037-4B61-92FE-D5A633EF4B59.jpeg
Forloh L/S vs. Gulch Gear L/S
8AB5189F-98ED-4A5E-8404-4D38D77FC56B.jpeg