Forster Coax

Oldffemt

WKR
Anyone using this press? How do you like it? I know it’s expensive for a single stage but I really like the priming system, switching dies quickly and the fact that you don’t have to keep track of shell holders. Only thing I don’t like about it is that they seem to be unicorns. Where’s a guy find one?

FURMAN

WKR
I love mine. Die change out is the best feature. I reload for many different cartridges and it is a huge time saver. The lack of shell holders is a plus as well. The priming system on the other hand I see absolutely no use for. One primer at a time? No thanks. I use RCBS hand primers. I bought mine used on EBAY. I wish I would have gotten it much sooner. Now my Rocker Chucker is pretty lonely.

tdhanses

WKR
I have to agree on the primer system, a hand primer is way better then using any press. I don’t have a CO-AX but I would highly recommend you checkout the MEC Marksman if you get tired of looking for the unicorn. I put a Hornady quick change on mine and it works very well. I really like this press but you will need shell holders. Also if you do go this route I recommend the stand.

Attachments

• C0C2A0E6-E9FA-4C18-A91F-5040099AD715.jpeg
    C0C2A0E6-E9FA-4C18-A91F-5040099AD715.jpeg
    164.9 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
OP
O

Oldffemt

WKR
I can see your point with priming one at a time but I was essentially doing that with my lee turret after the primer feeder crapped out. I got pretty quick at single feeding primers but didn’t like seating them by feel. Hand primer would allow me to work on it while hanging with the kids which would make the boss happier. Great idea.

rayporter

WKR
a copy of the forester that has a lot new features. it is slowly hitting the markets.
https://www.midsouthshooterssupply....ankford-arsenal&itemsperpage=30&currentpage=1
122-1097879.jpg

FURMAN

WKR
That’s interesting but also on backorder. I wonder what the die blocks look like. From what I understand of the Forster, any manufacturer’s locknut works as long as there’s a set screw.
This is true but they will be sloppy in the press. You will be better using Forster rings.

Yep, love my Co-Ax! Yes it can be a little tedious to seat primers on, but oddly enough I enjoy it. I think the priming system is great. I have thought about getting the Forster Co-Ax Primer Seater to quicken things up.

Scrub to 8:25 and then he gets into why I like the priming system, amongst everything else.

OP
O

Oldffemt

WKR
I like the rcbs hand prime idea. Don’t know why I didn’t think of that earlier. I try to do as much away from my press as I can while helping kids with homework or sitting in on conference calls at work. Wish I could resize, trim, and prime cases while I drive!

The only thing I have about my coax, is that I didn't buy it sooner. Expensive, but very very worth it

Bought mine from midwayusa.com

sneaky

"DADDY"
I bought mine off of Snipers Hide years ago. Well worth it if you can find one. Often imitated, never duplicated.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

VernAK

WKR
I love my co-ax......I bought the stand to raise it up to eye level. The co-ax primer seater is slow but does a perfect job. For faster priming I have the Forster Primer Seater when loading larger lots.

My concentricity issues improved with the co-ax press.

Shrek

WKR
I love my Co-Ax ! I started with a Rockchucker Supreme and had a Lee Classic cast for awhile. I’ve used some others at friends and once I bought the Co-Ax I never looked back. Best primer catcher around. No mess ! Forster lock rings work best. I bought a bulk pack somewhere years ago and still haven’t used them all. Mine is an original Bonanza made Co-Ax. I’ll buy a second Co-Ax one of these days so I’ll never have to change the shell holder. Get on some back order lists to find one.

mvrk28

WKR
I picked up the earlier mentioned Frankford Arsenal M-Press. If anybody has any questions, let me know. I use it, a Redding T7 and Hornady L&L.