Forster Coax

morgaj1

WKR
I’ve used an RCBS, Lee and now the Forster. Really like the Forster best. My favorite features and not having to use a shell holder and the quick changes with the dies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frankford is a straight up Chinese copy cat 🇨🇳

a copy of the forester that has a lot new features. it is slowly hitting the markets.
https://www.midsouthshooterssupply....ankford-arsenal&itemsperpage=30&currentpage=1
122-1097879.jpg

gpo1956

Lil-Rokslider
Im in the minority here, but I used one for 4-5 years and just didn’t like it. I was constantly dragging rims against the jaws and on larger cases like 7 REM Mag, I felt cramped by the opening.

Bockja

FNG
Forster Coax Linkage
Im in the minority here, but I used one for 4-5 years and just didn’t like it. I was constantly dragging rims against the jaws and on larger cases like 7 REM Mag, I felt cramped by the opening.

The stock opening is fairly cramped. However, there is a guy you can order new linkage for which greatly opens up the access and maintains ram stops to prevent the press camming over too far.

Linkage

sneaky

"DADDY"
Forster Coax Linkage

The stock opening is fairly cramped. However, there is a guy you can order new linkage for which greatly opens up the access and maintains ram stops to prevent the press camming over too far.

Linkage
Those links take you to a thread talking about bore guides

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Bockja

FNG
Those links take you to a thread talking about bore guides

Not sure what is going on with the link. I still see a link to the pictures of the linkage. Essentially replaces the two straight linkages with two curved ones. Contact Josh at the following email for more info.

[email protected]

Rokwiia

WKR
Forster Coax Linkage

Linkage

I have a Coax and remember the curved linkage offered by Inline Fabrication. Who makes the one you're speaking of and where would I find it?

https://inlinefabrication.com/colle...ined-increased-access-side-linkages-for-co-ax

Just found him. Josh Badeau.

Last edited:

mvrk28

WKR
That's a resizing press, no floating jaws, and looks just like a Lee or an RCBS.

do Lee or RCBS date back to 1886? I think you missed the humor in the original post, obviously this press was not designed by the company we know as Frankford Arsenal.

RMajors

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone using this press? How do you like it? I know it’s expensive for a single stage but I really like the priming system, switching dies quickly and the fact that you don’t have to keep track of shell holders. Only thing I don’t like about it is that they seem to be unicorns. Where’s a guy find one?
I've been eyeballing those for years as well. Basically for all the reasons you listed, but also for the leverage advantage they offer. This isn't the biggest deal for me but my dad is 73 and sizing magnum brass on the old RCBS isn't so easy for him anymore. I've seen guys on youtube resize 300 wm basically with 2 fingers on the handle! If you end up getting 1 I'd love to know your opinions after using it.

OP
O

Oldffemt

WKR
I've been eyeballing those for years as well. Basically for all the reasons you listed, but also for the leverage advantage they offer. This isn't the biggest deal for me but my dad is 73 and sizing magnum brass on the old RCBS isn't so easy for him anymore. I've seen guys on youtube resize 300 wm basically with 2 fingers on the handle! If you end up getting 1 I'd love to know your opinions after using it.
If I can find one after hunting season I’m planning to pick one up. I’ll post up what I think of it. The leverage issue is another good point.