Fort Collins; elk, deer, antelope; rifle guy

OP
peterbozeman
Man... I bet you're gonna miss Montana
I do. Montana is a very beautiful place. And, access up to the high water mark on rivers was pretty nice. But, I don't have to shovel my driveway in Fort Collins, so I've got that going for me.

cnelk

WKR
I do. Montana is a very beautiful place. And, access up to the high water mark on rivers was pretty nice. But, I don't have to shovel my driveway in Fort Collins, so I've got that going for me.
You will shovel. For sure.

Last year in March

7916FE5B-7B07-4938-9576-E779714CAB94.jpeg

Jbehredt

WKR
Don’t make too many friends. You’ll miss them when you move back next year. You’re gonna love the traffic into the mountains!

OP
peterbozeman
Ok. I thought about this and if I am going to ask for help, I also need to offer help.

I still want to find a hunting partner who knows a thing or two about Colorado so I can learn. But...

I am more than happy if there are any brand new hunters in Colorado to teach you what I have learned. I have only been hunting for four years, but I have learned a lot and made a lot of mistakes. I can share that knowledge with a new hunter and give you a leg up. I am not an expert by any means, but I know a lot more now than I did my first season. "Where" to go in Colorado is still a mystery to me. But, I've got you covered on "What" we need to bring and what to do when we arrive.

I am 45 and mainly still hunt (we can cover what "still hunt" means on our first scouting hike) so you do not need to be an Ironman to keep up.
I have kids, therefore I have a limited budget, so you do not need a $4,000 custom rifle to hang with me on the range.
Also, because of said kids, I do not have unlimited time, so I will not be bummed if you can't dedicate every waking moment to hunting.

So, if you are a new hunter and want an explanation on the basics and help getting started, shoot me a note. We can talk guns, gear, techniques, tactics, etc. I was in your shoes four years ago and can relate to this being an intimidating endeavor.

Hey Peter, welcome to northern CO. Yeah, am/pm rush hour traffic can be a pain. On the other hand if you are willing to drive a little ways from FoCo there are some decent outdoor opportunities to be had just have to work hard initially to find them. Shoot me a PM and we can talk hunting, fishing, shooting, scouting, other opportunities in nearby states. Good luck this Fall.