Fort hunter Liggett Jr hunt

Jenks

Any young hunters have this tag previous yrs? If do ,how'd it go?

Yoteassasin

I took my kids to a Jr pheasant hunting in Atascadero. And met a fellow that used blade the roads for the army .. he recommended the youth hunt there . There are walk in only spots ... focus there and still hunt around between 11am-1 pm

Azone

I’ve helped a few kids out on it and it can prove to be a good hunt depending on the weather and which area you can get into.
Have you ever hunted on the base?
Get your post count up and feel free to PM with any questions you have. I will not share my honey holes but I will do my best to help out.

OP
J

Jenks

I've hunted the base many yrs ago. Got my Isportsman thing started.Ill get my post count up so that I can PM you . Thanks

Azone

You also have to register your firearms with the base and pass a criminal background check. How many hours drive are you from the base?
I would highly recommend picking up a A zone tag and hunting the regular season, the bucks don’t travel far out there.

OP
J

Jenks

Didn't know about registering firearms. Did get the background check started. Only 1 1/2 hrs from the base , and yes getting an A tag and hunting the base was exactly what I was planning 👍

Azone

Do you own a muzzleloader or slug gun? Do to safety requirements for military training some areas will only be open to archery muzzleloader or shotgun if troops area training in a neighboring area.