forum item for sale

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I have a lot of stuff that I've used many times, and it's been hanging in the garage the last couple years. That's why people sell stuff........after it's been hanging around for a couple years without being used it's time to move on from it.

OP
ohoopee

ohoopee

WKR
Why does “hanging in a garage a few years” equate to the item only being a few years old?
Someone in the thread asked him if it was an assault base and he responded that it was not, that it was a "full size". What other size did you think you were getting?

He also stated that the rubber bow grommet was included indicating the type of bow holder.
I didn’t see the the description on his responses. I PM’d him asking if he would split hand climber. I read the “like new” hanging in garage for for a couple of years. I didn’t get to the grommet part until I had a 7year old tree stand at my door. My bad. My question that started this was what others would think about “ hanging in garage” and whether you would think it was newer or 7/8 years old. I can see from the responses it could have gone either way:).

Normally I would have asked questions. Just very tired lately and saw “hand climber” and couple of seasons old. seemed much easier than contacting LW again and having one shipped. Cost would not have been much different.

jlh42581

WKR
The design of that stand really hasnt changed. Actually, the older ones had better knob systems. I bought one used and the top is new the bottom is older. The way it collapses uses the old knobs and I MUCH prefer those over the new ones.

bozeman

WKR
I learned that lesson early on here with a Kifaru pack, ‘great shape, haven’t used in over a year’. Got to my door and it was about 5 years old and wore slap out. The guy danced around and then quit responding. Lesson learned. Questions and pics, if they don’t want to answer, I don’t want to buy it. Lol

bdg848

WKR
I take "hanging in the garage for a few seasons" to mean that A: he hasn't used it in a while and has no need for it any longer, and B: it speaks to how you can know that it is in "good" condition as it has been kept sheltered for a long time. Without seeing all of your correspondence, It really seems like a simple miscommunication. He had one thing in mind writing the description and you had a different thing in mind while reading it.

ChuckC

WKR
That particular hand climber base changed about 5 years ago. Picture was covered with a new seat cover in plastic and some kind of placard with seller info.
From your response, I would feel the same as you. This description is misleading or at least seems like it was covering it up. That could be on accident but I understand your thoughts on this.

sndmn11

WKR
If I listed for sale a Lemans GTO that has been sitting in the garage the last few years, is the most likely meaning:
A) it is a few years old?
B) it has been in the garage the last few years?

It sounds like you ignored the literal meaning of the words that were deliberately chosen to describe the item, and applied your own spin to reach a goal conclusion. If the manufacturing date were of great importance, you would have clarified prior to purchasing.

OP
ohoopee

ohoopee

WKR
The design of that stand really hasnt changed. Actually, the older ones had better knob systems. I bought one used and the top is new the bottom is older. The way it collapses uses the old knobs and I MUCH prefer those over the new ones.
Ill have to double check but I could swear the platform is smaller on the handclimber I use. Smaller base. I have 4 or 5 diff models.

Lost.

FNG
Whenever I purchase anything I try to ask as many questions as possible before I send over funds.

GotDraw?

WKR
Specific, well crafted questions lead to specific answers.

Assumptions lead to problems, cheap lesson here for you.

Seems like the seller knew full well he was sketchy on his posting details. Not a stand-up guy and seems desperate for that small amount of cash....

Hell, there may be plenty of folks looking for the larger platform that you could flip it to if you re-sell.

JL