Forum Migration

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
That is one of the interesting parts on XF; the only way to delete a PM conversation is if both/ all parties delete it.

Not that we would need to delete anything for any specific reason.... shutting up now.

Just leave the conversation. There will be less need going forward now that it is a conversation though vs individual replies stacking up, if you allow it they can still reply to restart. But right now every individual sent/recieved message both on my end and that others users had on their end seems to have populated in my inbox.

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
3072523f0f85fcbcbf7b266b2612f073.jpg

This is the only issue I’m running into. Thanks for your hard work ryan.

Squirrels

WKR
Is there a way on this new forum to just jump to the unread portions of a thread? I'm on an iPad if that makes any difference
If you exit a thread and go back to it later and just click on the title of the thread within that forum to open it basically takes you to where you left off. Thus from there down would be the new/unread post of the that thread.

Squirrels

WKR
@Ryan Avery for what it's worth I really like the new software. Another forum I use is the same and I much prefer this over what was here before. Good work.

bsnedeker

WKR
I like the new site cosmetically, but here's my one gripe: On the website I generally like to just go to "What's New" and see what conversations are going on. In the old version I could just scroll and it would automatically load more conversations as I scrolled down. In the new one it is a paginated view so I have to click next every time I want to view more conversations. This is a step backwards in functionality.

The mobile site still works the same way it always has so at least I have that as an option, but I really prefer to navigate on the website because I'm horrible at typing on my phone.

Any way to have threads show their start date? I don’t know how old threads are. It’s nice to know if a thread is newer or an old one brought back up.

Coueser4

FNG
Glad to see the update to the forum. I like it. Thanks for the hard work that went into making the change!

nrh6.7

WKR
Haven't seen this posted before but if this software has the ability to who the OP is, it can be helpful as you try and follow a thread. On other forums it'll have "OP" by the poster's name as he/she posts follow ups or updates and keeps you from wondering who started the thread. Minor deal but sometimes helpful.

Jskaanland

Administrator
Staff member
Haven't seen this posted before but if this software has the ability to who the OP is, it can be helpful as you try and follow a thread. On other forums it'll have "OP" by the poster's name as he/she posts follow ups or updates and keeps you from wondering who started the thread. Minor deal but sometimes helpful.

(y) Got it. Look for the little banner on the profile pic

Jskaanland

Administrator
Staff member
Any way to have threads show their start date? I don’t know how old threads are. It’s nice to know if a thread is newer or an old one brought back up.

The original date is below the title and the latest post date is below the last poster on the right.

Attachments

• 2019-01-16_11-25-32.jpg
    2019-01-16_11-25-32.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 10