Found a few fish yesterday...

OP
P
Gotta love Red season! Congrats!
I guess. It’s a real mess. Fish do get an Absolute pounding. We’re in that boat 52 nm And there was a damn parking lot when I got there. If people were allowed to fish year-round there will be less hammer down concentrated effort on the fish stock. Oh do you want to watch football? Don’t go fishing. Oh is the kids birthday to go fishing. Oh is it a little bit bumpy out don’t go fishing. We have created demand that used to not be here. Anyway. It’s so fun to get out there. I guess I’m part of the problem

ShakeDown

WKR
Haha, you sound like my buddy that has a guide service. I do agree with you though.

Season is longer this year than in a while for what that’s worth.

OP
P
Haha, you sound like my buddy that has a guide service. I do agree with you though.

Season is longer this year than in a while for what that’s worth.
Yeah. I’ve got a reef permit which would let me snapper fish a bit more, but I refuse to our account government tracking device on my boat and call in my catch upon return. They’ll just take that data and close down productive areas.

I am a proponent of small sanctuaries where they can breed and grow. But you know as well as I do bureaucrats don’t stop.

I don’t have an offshore boat right now. But I’ve got that permit assigned to a little bay boat. I think I will reassign it to the offshore boat I’m working on but I’m never going to exercise it

Rich M

WKR
Nice trip. You're right about the parking lot concept. We do that on the east coast for the 2 weekend RS season. Still waiting for them to announce it...