Found a use for Rage Broadheads

I have a couple rage og's and some rage chisel tips that i put into the "box of oblivion" a few years ago because I was disappointed with performance when bone was encountered after impact. This past summer i heard someone mention that they're good for turkey hunting because they're so good at slowing down. I decided to figure that out for myself and wouldn't know... They work AMAZING for turkey.

For reference I'm throwing 520g arrows at 265 fps. I had a massive flock of turkeys roll through archery range this past weekend while i was deer hunting. I knocked up a rage chisel tip and wacked a bird at 40 yards. it flipped the bird completely over and the arrow flopped over sideways on top of the ground. Bird died quickly and the arrow was in no danger of penetrating the ground and hitting a rock or some other nonsense that would have broken the arrow

nphunter

WKR
Mech heads are great for birds. It really shows how much energy they use on impacts.

I shot a turkey at 5 yards with a 3 blade broadhead about 10 years ago shooting a 74lb Hoyt with a 400gr arrow. The arrow stuck into the birds wind and the whole bird rolled down the hill sideways 10 feet and then he got up and ran a mile with my arrow stuck in him about 2", it was sticking solid straight in him like hitting a tree. He ended up running to the neighbors and I never caught up to him to find him.

Titan_Bow

WKR
I’ve shot a handful of turkeys with them now and they are great for quick kills on birds. I haven’t lost a turkey that I have shot at with them and all have been pretty much instantaneous deaths.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk