Found BH209 at Walmart in Indiana, maybe a fluke, hope it's a trend

Wapiti1

WKR
Anyone else seeing newer stocks of BH209? I was in Wally World today, because I didn't want to get dressed to go shopping, and there next to the paper targets, which I was really there for, were 6 bottles of BH209. Nestled in between the Pyrodex RS and the T7 pellets. This was a previously open space with a sporadic appearance of T7 powder for the last year.

I can only assume it was new since it has a label on it that I've never seen. The labels are all blue with black lettering. Not the colorful label with the prominent bison that adorns my older stock bottles.

Anyway, I bought 4. Pretty sure I violated a store policy, but the kid at the self checkout was clueless, and the system let me buy it.

Jeremy

I gotta get out of Texas. There isn't a Wal-Mart within 500 miles of me that has BP on the shelves. Most of them around me don't even carry real firearms anymore and half of them quit selling ammo. It's crazy when I go to Colorado and the Durango Wal-Mart is better stocked with BP supplies than our local Bass Pro or Cabelas. You guys have it made.

wilkINkc

Lil-Rokslider
My walmart has it. I know nothing about reloading, is BH209 used for that? I know its used in muzzleloaders but I'm assuming it's used for reloading as well?

My walmart has it. I know nothing about reloading, is BH209 used for that? I know its used in muzzleloaders but I'm assuming it's used for reloading as well?

It can be used for reloading blackpowder cartridges, such as 45 LC & 45-70.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks guys. I was just trying to figure out why its been so scarce lately.

The main reason is because Hodgdon bought Western Powders around the end of ‘20, which was the previous manufacturer of BH209. There were some rumors going around that it was going to be discontinued, yada yada..

Add in the increase in muzzleloading users & panic buyers with the ammo & centerfire arms shortages..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro