Four (4) Deadly Reasons Why You Should Not Purchase Or Use A Floorless Shelter

• Thread starter Deleted member 52995
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

sneaky

"DADDY"
There's actually been about 10,000 deaths from this virus this year but they counted them as Covid instead... kinda like the flu & motorcycle wrecks
Multiple gunshot wounds to head and chest. "Swab him for Covid, we'll get paid if he's positive".

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Rob5589

WKR
Multiple gunshot wounds to head and chest. "Swab him for Covid, we'll get paid if he's positive".

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
No BS, I took care of a dude that had his head bashed in; spent over a month in ICU. His discharge diagnosis was multiple head trauma as the primary, probable Covid 19 as a secondary. Dude said he was never tested to his knowledge nor was it in his paperwork.

tlanham4

FNG
I’ve never heard of it happening from sleeping outside on the ground, but I guess it’s possible. Still, rare at best. There are a lot more than four reasons to stay home and never go outside, and most of them probably have a much higher chance of killing you than mouse piss. I’d still rather risk it, but I’ve never been one to worry or preach about things that “might” get you.
Amen

OP
D

Deleted member 52995

Happy to see that so many enjoyed the thread. Those who were aware of the potential threat of not only Hantavirus, but other diseases transmitted by mice, and certainly those who may not have been, will be more cognizant of the risks of camping where field mice are present, and take appropriate precautions. I prefer "no contact" 🚫🐀🐁 rodent free camping, which for all practical purposes means among other things, a tent with a sewn in floor. I clean my home, RV, vehicles, clothes, and of course myself, so I really really don't object to cleaning my tent floor as well....Try a sewn in floor, it really isn't that difficult to remove your shoes, or hunting boots when camping... 👟👟🎪.. 🚫🐀🐁... 😎👍

zacattack

WKR
Happy to see that so many enjoyed the thread. Those who were aware of the potential threat of not only Hantavirus, but other diseases transmitted by mice, and certainly those who may not have been, will be more cognizant of the risks of camping where field mice are present, and take appropriate precautions. I prefer "no contact" 🚫🐀🐁 rodent free camping, which for all practical purposes means among other things, a tent with a sewn in floor. I clean my home, RV, vehicles, clothes, and of course myself, so I really really don't object to cleaning my tent floor as well....Try a sewn in floor, it really isn't that difficult to remove your shoes, or hunting boots when camping... 👟👟🎪.. 🚫🐀🐁... 😎👍
Are you my mom?

Has this ever happened? Seems like there’s at least be a story or two out there if so.

I saw a video where Dan from Elk Shape said he got Hantavirus when a mouse crawled across his face during the night and crapped on his toothbrush

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alpine-Drifter

Lil-Rokslider
Stop giving this thread any traction. Y’all are adults make your own decisions and stand by them.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Stop giving this thread any traction. Y’all are adults make your own decisions and stand by them.

You do realize that simply by posting that you bump this thread back to the top?

That said, for a bit this was decent comic relief because rather than simply sharing good information, it pushed a dubious agenda that is poorly supported by the facts.

Rather reminds me of petitions to ban dihydrogen monoxide, which kills far more people annually than have probably ever been infected with hantavirus. It is particularly dangerous for those who recreate outdoors.....

Last edited:
Is Dr. Fauci on here? Maybe he can weigh in on this. I’m hoping I can just wear a mask or two while sleeping in my shelter.

i wear 3 masks to bed at home now, so i think my future nights in my floorless shelter i will put a contractor bag over my head with a half roll of duct tape around my neck..... best sleep of your life! waking up may be a problem though.... i plan on setting several alarms and packing in a defibrillator from now on

Hantavirus Hemorraghic Fever (HFRS) ... Hantavirus Pulmonary Syndrome (HPS) ... Leptospirosis ... Lymphocytic Chloriomeningitis (LCMV) ... and there are others ...... Rodents, especially field mice urinate frequently. Mouse urine, as well as saliva, and feces dry, turn to dust, and become aerosolized spreading viruses, and bacteria through the air. These aerosolized diseases can be inhaled by humans causing serious illness, and death. A sewn in floor may add weight, bulk, and require cleaning but owning a floorless shelter can bring you in close contact with rodents that carry, and transmit diseases which can not only make you sick but can cause your death, as well as serious illness, and the death of friends, and family members who share your floorless shelter. Think four "4" times before you purchase a floorless shelter.....

"ya outta look out" life is dangerous

We had a work cabin known as the hantaviris hut.
Guaranteed exposure from the mice nest in stove to pack rats in ceiling.
30+ years and no cases.
Finally got replaced this year though.

OP
D

Deleted member 52995

"This was definitely a troll."
So many, so angry, because they were provoked into considering safe precautionary camping practices. It's a gut wrenching, expensive decision to install a floor in their tent , or shelter when they much prefer to play "Russian roulette" with the odds so heavily tipped in their favor.... "And I know that it's hard for you ....To say the things we both know are true" .. Michael McDonald .."I Keep Forgettin' "....

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.