Four (4) reasons you should not purchase Crocs

Loper

WKR
Ive had the same pair of Crocs for probably 5 years or so. My wife actually bought them for me but like many of you, she forbids me to wear them in public. At work once the topic of Crocs came up and I admitted to having a pair, now all my colleagues (men and women) give me hell.

I love them for the outdoors and wearing around the house. They make great wade fishing shoes and mine have many scars along the bottom from walking over oyster beds. The great thing about them is if the slip off they float to the top of the water.

The other day we were at the lake and i snapped this picture. Both my son and daughter have a pair as well. They are my son’s go-to shoes as he isn’t old enough to tie lace ups.
b4d645d1f39f937c8e3dd7a12444222c.jpg

EJDXT21

Lil-Rokslider
Ive had the same pair of Crocs for probably 5 years or so. My wife actually bought them for me but like many of you, she forbids me to wear them in public. At work once the topic of Crocs came up and I admitted to having a pair, now all my colleagues (men and women) give me hell.

I love them for the outdoors and wearing around the house. They make great wade fishing shoes and mine have many scars along the bottom from walking over oyster beds. The great thing about them is if the slip off they float to the top of the water.

The other day we were at the lake and i snapped this picture. Both my son and daughter have a pair as well. They are my son’s go-to shoes as he isn’t old enough to tie lace ups.
b4d645d1f39f937c8e3dd7a12444222c.jpg
Loper, dis yours used to be camo pattern? I have a pair, my house shoes, that look just like those on top as the camo pattern has worn off, still have a bit of camo on the sides. They are basically smooth on the bottom because I have worn them so much. All my kids have crocs. There's at least one pair that started with my son and was worn by both my girls, now too small for any of them. The girls now have a pink pair and a silver sparkly pair. Son has some cheap off brand that we got when we forgot his going to the beach...look and feel like crap compared to Crocs brand!

Drenalin

WKR
This is hilarious! I'm not sure I should admit this but I have a dress pair of crocs (camo with less than 1000 hours) and play crocs (also camo but with over 1000 hours). Both are usually worn with shorts and black dress socks.
I'm not a croc guy, but I love that you measure their life in hours like a piece of tracked equipment :ROFLMAO:

Loper

WKR
Loper, dis yours used to be camo pattern? I have a pair, my house shoes, that look just like those on top as the camo pattern has worn off, still have a bit of camo on the sides. They are basically smooth on the bottom because I have worn them so much. All my kids have crocs. There's at least one pair that started with my son and was worn by both my girls, now too small for any of them. The girls now have a pink pair and a silver sparkly pair. Son has some cheap off brand that we got when we forgot his going to the beach...look and feel like crap compared to Crocs brand!

No mine have always been an muted green color. They were probably a bit darker when I got them and may have faded over time. Mine too are pretty much flat on the bottom but are still holding up well. They have seen some hard use over theses but I have no plans to replace them anytime soon.

My daughter’s pair are a knock off brand that my wife bought. I haven’t really examined them to see what quality they are. We probably should have gotten her a legit pair in a neutral color so she can pass them down to my son as he gets bigger.

Randle

WKR
What sounds more tough guy than saying "I am going Croc hunting"
All the crocers will know your code

Randle

WKR
Screenshot_20210614-082817_Chrome.jpg
These are what I use fishing and camp shoes. Not keen brand but type of shoe

ToolMann

WKR
Bought my first pair today. Walmart variety for $10. Can't lie, way more comfy than flip flops. Definitely taking into back country.

Bcleck90

WKR
Crocs are awesome. I’d wear them to work if I could. Name a more versatile shoe..I’ll wait.. Best camp shoe..yes, need to make a quick run to Home Depot..yes, need some Copenhagen and beef jerky..yes, going to the beach/lake and don’t want a thong between your toes..yes. I would debate they’re the ultimate “daddy issues” shoes also. Almost feel like it’s not fair when I wear them around ladies.

Attachments

• E1200E63-69FF-4272-BFCD-9DF4E32B209B.jpeg
    E1200E63-69FF-4272-BFCD-9DF4E32B209B.jpeg
    596.8 KB · Views: 34
OP
P

Poser

WKR
Crocs are awesome. I’d wear them to work if I could. Name a more versatile shoe..I’ll wait.. Best camp shoe..yes, need to make a quick run to Home Depot..yes, need some Copenhagen and beef jerky..yes, going to the beach/lake and don’t want a thong between your toes..yes. I would debate they’re the ultimate “daddy issues” shoes also. Almost feel like it’s not fair when I wear them around ladies.

Those the shoes you want to be wearing if you get caught in a SHTF scenario, whatever that may look like: earthquake, tornado, 3 on 1 street fight, gun fight, mass shooting… pushing a car out of a ditch, having to commandeer a bicycle to escape zombies, forced to swim across a river and then run for your life, run 10 floors down the fire escape to get out of a burning building, rescuing a cat out of a tree, impromptu relocation of a deep freezer, showing the neighborhood kid how to ride a skateboard, pick up basketball game….?

Geedubya

Lil-Rokslider
What sounds more tough guy than saying "I am going Croc hunting"
All the crocers will know your code

Is that really "hunting" though? 🤣
Quien Sabe,

In reality, there is not much "croc hunting" along the Texas Gulf Coast.......

UORXpwb.png

Mostly Alligator

ZxD7NBh.png

and my oldest son and grandson do that in Flip-flops!

Anywho,

How much fun could we have with the topic "is that really hunting though"......

I use the term "hunting" loosely as I realize that geography and local custom vary from state to state, and country to country.

I could have just as easily said that "guys that sit in blinds" as my post was mainly an attempt at humor.

RnFC16K.png

Mostly I say that I'm going afield. I take a rifle, camera, refreshment, snacks, audio-books and other various odds and ends. I may spend the better part of 60 days a year "in the field".

BTW, due the geography of the Texas Hill country where I hunt, a spot and stalk hunt is probably the least productive type of "hunting and is a good way to break an ankle, leg or hip. May through September it can be over 100 degrees at 8PM. There is no cell service and you get caught out without enough water and it can be deadly, not to mention every thing that habitates the region either claws, bites, sticks or stings. Of an evening one can quickly surmise that he is not at the top of the food chain as coyotes, hogs and cougars roam.

I call this spot, "The Canopy". It is the second most remote of the "stands" I "sit".

jip987f.png

North Westerly View

nAl0qmx.png

Southeasterly View

Each feeder is set up at +/- 175 Yds, in a small clearing I've opened up. I only "sit" at the Canopy in the mornings as it takes about 45 minutes to get to the Southeasterly feeder and about 75 Minutes to get to the Northwesterly feeder on my 4wheeler due to the nature of the terrain and the density of the Juniper. It would pretty much be a fools errand to try to go there in the dark and then maybe have to track.

This ranch is +/-64K Acres of low fenced-no fenced land. Just because one has a "feeder" does not mean that when "the dinner bell rings" that critters magically appear.
But when they do.....

mqgNOUb.png

I enjoy the heck out of trying to place a bullet on a line between ear and shoulder, about two inches below the ear on that line on a constantly moving target.

72getyp.png

If done correctly, hoglets just drop and paddle as their spinal cord is severed and I do not have to track. If you can't find a blood trail within 10' or so, most times you do not recover your quarry. By morning it is gone.

Anywho, whether its hunting or not. I certainly enjoy it and if done frequently it assuages the pangs of SDD (Shooting Deficit Disorder) that afflict this ol' fart.

ya!

GWB

PS: I was a skosh off on this one. My Bad! LOL

ToolMann

WKR
Quien Sabe,

In reality, there is not much "croc hunting" along the Texas Gulf Coast.......

UORXpwb.png

Mostly Alligator

ZxD7NBh.png

and my oldest son and grandson do that in Flip-flops!

Anywho,

How much fun could we have with the topic "is that really hunting though"......

I use the term "hunting" loosely as I realize that geography and local custom vary from state to state, and country to country.

I could have just as easily said that "guys that sit in blinds" as my post was mainly an attempt at humor.

RnFC16K.png

Mostly I say that I'm going afield. I take a rifle, camera, refreshment, snacks, audio-books and other various odds and ends. I may spend the better part of 60 days a year "in the field".

BTW, due the geography of the Texas Hill country where I hunt, a spot and stalk hunt is probably the least productive type of "hunting and is a good way to break an ankle, leg or hip. May through September it can be over 100 degrees at 8PM. There is no cell service and you get caught out without enough water and it can be deadly, not to mention every thing that habitates the region either claws, bites, sticks or stings. Of an evening one can quickly surmise that he is not at the top of the food chain as coyotes, hogs and cougars roam.

I call this spot, "The Canopy". It is the second most remote of the "stands" I "sit".

jip987f.png

North Westerly View

nAl0qmx.png

Southeasterly View

Each feeder is set up at +/- 175 Yds, in a small clearing I've opened up. I only "sit" at the Canopy in the mornings as it takes about 45 minutes to get to the Southeasterly feeder and about 75 Minutes to get to the Northwesterly feeder on my 4wheeler due to the nature of the terrain and the density of the Juniper. It would pretty much be a fools errand to try to go there in the dark and then maybe have to track.

This ranch is +/-64K Acres of low fenced-no fenced land. Just because one has a "feeder" does not mean that when "the dinner bell rings" that critters magically appear.
But when they do.....

mqgNOUb.png

I enjoy the heck out of trying to place a bullet on a line between ear and shoulder, about two inches below the ear on that line on a constantly moving target.

72getyp.png

If done correctly, hoglets just drop and paddle as their spinal cord is severed and I do not have to track. If you can't find a blood trail within 10' or so, most times you do not recover your quarry. By morning it is gone.

Anywho, whether its hunting or not. I certainly enjoy it and if done frequently it assuages the pangs of SDD (Shooting Deficit Disorder) that afflict this ol' fart.

ya!

GWB

PS: I was a skosh off on this one. My Bad! LOL
It was a joke, but thanks for sharing the pics. I spent two years in Texas and spent every hour I could hunting the ways that were prominent. No shame in sitting in a blind. Easier to keep the beer cold too.

Now back to our regularly scheduled discussion on the manliness of crocs.

Bcleck90

WKR
Those the shoes you want to be wearing if you get caught in a SHTF scenario, whatever that may look like: earthquake, tornado, 3 on 1 street fight, gun fight, mass shooting… pushing a car out of a ditch, having to commandeer a bicycle to escape zombies, forced to swim across a river and then run for your life, run 10 floors down the fire escape to get out of a burning building, rescuing a cat out of a tree, impromptu relocation of a deep freezer, showing the neighborhood kid how to ride a skateboard, pick up basketball game….?

@Poser you’re right. Maybe I need to step my game up a notch.

BAADCECC-2F28-44C9-9E69-3F894F4F7FD4.jpeg

WCB

WKR
My Double H boots do the same thing and will hurt a lot more when I have to put the boots to someone that mouths off to me about wearing them with my shorts... hahaha

Mosby

WKR
I have a pair of camo crocs I bought to use on my jet ski and and to wear around a campsite when I want to get out of my socks and boots. I don't find them all that comfortable.

mcr-85

WKR
My father in law called them his chicken checkers because he'd wear them to the chicken coop to gather eggs and feed his chickens. When my oldest boy was about 3 years old we were in church and he seen some lady with a pair of crocs on. He then yelled "Chicken checkers! Why's she wearing chicken checkers to church?!?" It was pretty dang funny.

Loper

WKR
My father in law called them his chicken checkers because he'd wear them to the chicken coop to gather eggs and feed his chickens. When my oldest boy was about 3 years old we were in church and he seen some lady with a pair of crocs on. He then yelled "Chicken checkers! Why's she wearing chicken checkers to church?!?" It was pretty dang funny.

Hahaha! That’s a great story.

Dirtbag

WKR
You can wear chicken checkers to church just as long as they aint the same chicken checkers you check chickens with.