Four (4) reasons you should not purchase Crocs

huntcoop

WKR
I just did a Google image search for the guy (George Bowdecker, net worth 100 million dollars) and, unsurprisingly, don’t see an image of him wearing crocs. He does wear some boxy looking footwear, though.

0f835345dc738b2d5ef4c037fc0272bd.jpg

Those boxy looking shoes are Crocs... leather loafers made by Crocs.

shardin

FNG
1. Bone damage.
Bones may be affected by wearing clogs all day long
A study published in 2017 appeared to support the naysayers. When a cemetery in Amsterdam had to be moved, Dr Waters-Rist took the opportunity to study the remaining bones.

She found a higher than usual incidence (13% compared to the usual expectation of 1%) of a condition called osteochondritis dissecans. This is where parts of the bone break off leaving craters, “as if chunks of bone have just been chiselled away,” Waters-Rist told Science Daily. What was startling, as well as the high incidence, was that it occurred only in the foot bones.

2. Negative effect on your gait.
For Dr Waters-Rist, one of the problems with clogs is how they restrict the natural movement of your foot. The foot naturally bends to press on the ball of the foot to propel you forward. Clogs, instead, make you kick your foot forward, “it changes the way you walk”, and not for the better.

3. Lack of heel stability. For Dr. Megan Leahy, talking specifically about Crocs, “When the heel is unstable, toes tend to grip, which can lead to tendinitis, worsening of toe deformities, nail problems, corns and calluses. The same thing can happen with flip flops or any backless shoes as the heel is not secured.”

4. Sexual Desire Killer. No woman will want to sleep with you and those that do will harbor deep resentment towards your lack of desirability. Those crocs on your feet are basically the male equivalence of your Grandma’s panties hanging on the clothesline.

Crocs are the universal dog whistle of incels.
and your feet sweat like a mofo lol

Vandy321

WKR
This thread actually made me want a pair of crocs again. Had a blowout on my last pair years back.

Going to snag a matching set of Lightning McQueen "Cars" crocs for me and the kiddo. I enjoy embarrassing my wife in public

FlyGuy

WKR
This thread is awesome. My MIL introduced my wife and I to crocs. I still remember the day she showed up at our house wearing a pair of the ugliest shoes we’d ever seen. We made fun of her but then she said, “try them on”. Damn, that shut me up. She then went on to extol their virtues, like how easy they were to wear while working in the yard/flower gardens and then just spray them off…. The easy on/easy off feature…. The super functional back strap for more intense situations…. Perfect for kayak or wade fishing…. Anyway, I bought a pair the next day. We were newlyweds then, so it was over 18 years ago. I actually bought 2 pair, one pair in black and another in moss green. You know, to coordinate appropriately with the cargo shorts of the day. I have to say, those things last forever! I never thought about how long I’ve owned my crocs until reading this thread. Easily the oldest shoes in my closet by at least 10 years!

Last year in CO I had the black pair strapped to the outside of my pack (they don’t fit well inside a backpack, that’s my biggest complaint) and while bushwhacking up a particularly dense and overgrown hillside one of the two crocs got snagged and ripped off my pack, never to be seen again. That was on the pack in too, so no camp shoes that trip. It was like losing a child. Well, not a child. It was like losing an uncle.

Now I’m down to just the moss green pair. I really can’t bring myself to replace the pair I lost. I start to occasionally but then I think about it and I don’t. 18 years ago crocs were a brand new thing and I didn’t know any better. Now, it’s a conscious decision to buy a pair. I know what I’m doing…. I know what it means…. That Makes it harder to pull the trigger. So, For now I’m just going to stick with being a “one pair of crocs kind of guy”. But, I’m not going to be so careless with this last remaining pair!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Z71&Gun

Lil-Rokslider
This is why I run Dawgs and wool socks. Washington women can't resist Dawgs and wool socks. Especially when paired with cargo shorts and a custom 1/2 sleve hooded sweatshirt. 😂

Attachments

• 3A26296C-DDE4-43EF-9F0B-B618F0C8A9E8.png
    3A26296C-DDE4-43EF-9F0B-B618F0C8A9E8.png
    347.4 KB · Views: 67

EJDXT21

Lil-Rokslider

Attachments

• 57782E17-50DC-4D34-9F07-35C85A68ECB3.jpeg
    57782E17-50DC-4D34-9F07-35C85A68ECB3.jpeg
    149.4 KB · Views: 92

LostArra

WKR
a custom 1/2 sleve hooded sweatshirt. 😂

aka "a Belichick"
1624111249729.png

My wife has many versions of this style and she rarely gets the sleeve cuts even.
Belichick has even become a verb for her "I think I'm going to Belichick my Carolina sweatshirt".

But she won't own a Croc so I wear them just to embarrass her. She threatened to take a separate flight if I wore them with socks on a plane. I did but she didn't. They are the perfect TSA shoe.

Geedubya

Lil-Rokslider
aka "a Belichick"
View attachment 300193

My wife has many versions of this style and she rarely gets the sleeve cuts even.
Belichick has even become a verb for her "I think I'm going to Belichick my Carolina sweatshirt".

But she won't own a Croc so I wear them just to embarrass her. She threatened to take a separate flight if I wore them with socks on a plane. I did but she didn't. They are the perfect TSA shoe.
I almost always wear liner socks with my Crocs. Goes good with the camo pattern. Solves the sweating problem and if your socks get wet they wick the moisture and dry quickly. Works for me!
Ya!
GWB

My wife got into Crocs bad lately. She has three pair of regular and a pair of insulated ones. When she bought the insulated ones she got me and the kids each a pair of insulated. Those things were my go to all winter long going to work ,change into the steel toes once there, or the store.

Alaskan89

Lil-Rokslider
These are the only Crocs I wear and they are very comfortable, don't wear their clogs but one of my buddies does and swears by them.

10128_261_ALT140

TSAMP

WKR
This is why I run Dawgs and wool socks. Washington women can't resist Dawgs and wool socks. Especially when paired with cargo shorts and a custom 1/2 sleve hooded sweatshirt. 😂
Ok these are just hideous. Gotta draw the line somewhere.

Shenaniganz lol! reminds me of the move "Waiting"!

"...the hooker and I, went back to my place, and from there, God, it was just a blur of intravenous drug abuse and unprotected sex, while taking the lords name in vain."

Haha! sorry I love that movie.
the BATWING HAHAHAAA!!!!!