Foxpro Fusion or Shockwave

cmahoney

WKR
I am in the market for a call and these are the two I am really considering. Can anyone tell me if the shockwave is worth the extra $100? It’s usually windy where I live, which is why I’m leaning toward the shockwave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No wrong answer here. You will do well with which ever. One thing you might consider is the Fusion is lighter and considerably smaller if you are one who sometimes walks a fair piece to your stands.

crmiller84

Lil-Rokslider
I bought the Fusion 100% based on cost, but that being said I don't feel like it lacks in volume by any means. In fact, so far I haven't had it at full volume once. I don't call much further than about 500 yds of visible field, though, so maybe it will make a difference in the wide open? I don't know for sure. But I do think weekender7 is exactly right. No real wrong choice between the two. Love mine, the remote is absolutely killer.

jmez

WKR
IMO no. The Fusion is plenty loud, even in the wind. Have a buddy that is a serious coyote hunter and he uses a Fusion. He kills more yotes in a year than most people will see in a lifetime.

mcseal2

WKR
I'd personally go with the shockwave. Being able to direct the sound a bit more would be worth it to me. I hunt some contests locally though where I hunt even if it's to windy that day to hunt. For normal days the extra volume isn't probably needed. I like the volume for the days when there is a contest and a 30mph wind. I pack my Prairie Blaster 3 around but whenever it fails I will replace it with a Shockwave unless something better comes out.

OP
cmahoney

cmahoney

WKR
Thanks guys, I ended up getting a refurbished banshee for 250 from all predator calls. It’s plenty loud, called on in the day I got it. I live in northern Nevada and it gets super windy here, plus it’s pretty big country behind my house.

I’m just a novice so I held off on the shockwave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Genograusam

Lil-Rokslider
I own a Fusion and it's a great call. Had an Alpha Dogg before that and liked the high volume and directional speakers. That's something the Fusion doesn't have. My next call will be the Shockwave. Only this time, I'll keep the Fusion because it's a nice small caller and has its place. But there are times I wish I had that extra sound push through the wind and was able to send the sounds in more specific directions.